3 Replies - 2066 Views - Last Post: 06 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for a few game programmers for online text based RPG

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Ok, I know, you guys are probably REALLY sick and tired of seeing people posting about text based rpg's and such. Well, I'm no different really, and my theme for the game isn't much different either, HOWEVER, the only thing that makes mine different than others is the details and amount to do in the game. So let me get some things out of the way first to see if I can gauge a little interest.

The job that I'm looking for is some programmers to help with some of the coding. I'm hoping to run the game in PHP, MySQL, and hoping a little java or something else. Right now I want to say the job is a volunteer job with the thought of pay later as the game gets busier and starts pulling in an income (my last 3 did so I'm sure this one will too). But we can work those details in PM's or e-mails.

Ok, a little history on me. I've been playing with programming and computers for a little over 10 years now. I've designed 5 websites for other people and 3 text based rpgs online (none of which are still online sadly). I have however been playing text based rpgs for about 6 years, and frankly, of all the ones I've played, they all seem to be a little too boring to me, so I'm wanting to add some of my own little ideas and additions to them to spice them up and make them more interesting for other people, and myself as well. I am really hoping to get this big project going and am really looking for the help to get it done finally, as I have been designing and forming the ideas of this game for 4 years now, and am constantly coming up with ideas.

So, on to the game theme and my ideas. I'm trying to create from scratch my rpg. It is a mafia/gangster based rpg that is text based but will have some graphic art, as ell as hopefully a few short videos in the future (just something to hopefully flash it up a little bit). This is here my twist is though. Instead of there being gangsters/mafia doing crimes and making money and moving up the ranks, I'd actually like there to be 2 sides of this story. I'd like there to be the good/evil side (which you would have your choice on registration to the site weather you wanted to be good or evil. I will go into more detail about that later, but more of the basics. But in the game I would like to have the typical crimes that you can do that are automatic for small amounts of money and exp, but I'd also like there to be a black market side where you can do guns/ammo, or dealing of drugs/ect, but not just to the server but to other people online as well. I'd also like there to be gambling, and properties as well in the game. There will be multiple cities in the game as well so you can travel to different cities to get different properties, do different crimes, ect.

Now onto the good/evil sides. As the evil sides go, I'd like there to be 2 different ways you can do this, alone or in a family. There will be 20 main families in the start (basically the first 15 people or so in the game that register for evil will be family heads so to speak if they want). Now, the families can also do family crimes which pay out experience and money for the family as a whole (not the individual players). There can also be family hits, as well as family wars and stuff like that. And obviously the more experience you get with your player the higher the rank you will be (with one exception which I would only like to discuss in private as it is one of my good ideas). Everyone knows the evil side of things so let me explain the good side.

The good side I want there to be 2 roles too, government (police officer, all the way to US Marshall's and FBI), and International (like interpol and such), and each have their own jurisdictional boundaries and go after different people. The good side will track the crimes that people do, obviously the higher you go up your ranks in there the harder the people are that you are trying to get, all the way to trying to get family heads. I would like to get a crime tracking system going for the good guys so they know who they can grab, however, I want it to be that the person they are tracking to arrest HAS to be online for them to arrest them. Not being online is the same as hiding ;). But I'd also like it to be that they have to be in the same city as the person they are trying to arrest (obviously), no arresting via telephone from across seas lol. I have the promotion system already laid out for that one as well (but I would also like the good side to have a corrupt side as well where they can do the blackmarket and stuff like that too if they wish but that will be tracked as crimes so other officers can track it too).

I have other ideas in my head for this too, but that is just the basics. How does that sound to you guys? Pretty good? If there is enough interest in helping me design this game, I will make sure I get everything needed to start it and will figure out a payment or pay setup for everyone that helps. It is going to be a BIG game, and there is a lot involved into the game, so I'm not expecting this game to be up and going the day after we start on it. I can agree that it will take some reasonable time to finish. But I'd like to put out a BETA asap for people to see and use. Let me know what you think guys. Any interest in this? If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me on here or e-mail me @ leveewithachevy@yahoo.com . Again, I have a lot more ideas I'm wanting to put into this game, but don't want to give all my details out in the open for everyone to see, just yet :). Hoping to hear from someone. Let me know.

~Levi

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for a few game programmers for online text based RPG

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Looking for a few game programmers for online text based RPG

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

If needed I am graphic designer and I can help a little with code(learn as i go kinda thing) if u would like me to help out please contact me at Charlieflint2010@hotmail.com .......tnanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I've just personally started a major project myself but am willing to put a few hours in to help if you require and as long as I get something out of it. I know HTML and CSS quite well and my PHP knowledge is above average, in some things. I'm also good at graphics so I can help in two ways for you. Want to take up my offer you can email me on: Theo2k8@hotmail.co.uk and we can speak more about it then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm up for it, not really my style of game at all but I need more PHP and MySQL experience.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1