1 Replies - 268 Views - Last Post: 05 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Buying a portable HDD

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hey guys. I'm looking into buying a good USB portable HDD, either 500gb or 1tb.

At the moment, I have a 2TB external drive for my desktop which handles all my backups and everything, but it's not very portable as you need a mains power supply. I've got several thumb drives varying from 2GB to 16GB, which doesn't help when it comes to moving a lot of data quickly.

Originally I was going to get a Western Digital "My Passport", as it seemed a good size / price ratio. However there are a lot of comments on the Amazon reviews about WDs SmartWare, that requires a driver install on every computer you hook it up to (probably wouldn't be able to do that at Uni).

So I'm pretty much back to square one. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a fast, high quality, reliable USB harddrive?

Bit of a vague topic but I don't wanna end up with a failing drive in 6 weeks time :P so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Buying a portable HDD

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Buying a portable HDD

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm not really knowledgeable about this subject but I would go with the one with the most features in your price range along with the amount of reviews it has and if they say good or bad things about it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1