4 Replies - 615 Views - Last Post: 04 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PHP version of CheckVist?

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Hey all,

I recently found a website called http://checkvist.com/ basically it allows you to create an online checklist that multiple people can visit and mark tasks as completed, add new tasks etc. etc.

This is all great except if some random person gets the link to your list and starts screwing with everything. Ideally I'd like to be able to integrate a list like this into our website so that I can ensure that its private. That said, I don't have any programming experience aside from HTML nor do I have the time to learn. Does anyone know of a script (in php or other easy to integrate format) that will do this for me already? Preferably free or if I have to pay, $50 or less.

I mention PHP because I'm a big fan of PHPBB and how easy it was to setup on my website.

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP version of CheckVist?

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP version of CheckVist?

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Uh, they have an API. Seeing as you're probably going to want someone to implement this for you I'll move to Post a Job.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Oh crap. I really did emphasize the truth in that "New D.I.C. Head" title didn't I?

Thanks for pointing out my blindness :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Just to point this out: if you use the API there's a good chance the checklist will still be available to edit by random people on the checklist website. If you want total security, look for another service or pay for a checklist clone (which is way more than $50).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the advice. The website is a little difficult to navigate but I sent an e-mail to the designer and she told me that the program works the same way Drop box does. Only those you invite to the list can see/edit it so it seems fairly secure to me. I also tried to follow a link without being logged in and it just took me to the login page so I think they've got the security figured out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1