I'll try to explain this the best I can.
There's a flash game where players control a mouse through each "map", finding the cheese, and then returning to the hole. Maps are saved as XML, and I've made a program to draw a picture of given its XML. One issue I haven't been able to figure out though is that some grounds have a shading overlay put on top of them: http://i.imgur.com/4wOuj.png
This is set to a blending mode called "overlay" in Flash and Photoshop (I don't know much about image editing D:) You can see what these grounds look like without it (the top two) and what they actually look like in the game with it (bottom two) here: http://i.imgur.com/LRpos.png
After lots of googling I've only only been able to find info on how to fade images together, but overlay blending makes the color lighter in the white parts and darker in the black parts rather than simply fading them together. Would I use a ColorMatrix for this? is there a specific formula I need to apply to each pixel vs the overlay's pixel?
Any help would be appreciated.
- Caffeine Lounge
- Corner Cubicle
- Student Campus
- Software Development
- Industry News
- Introduce Yourself
- C and C++
- .NET Framework
- Other Languages
- Game Development
- Mobile Development
- 52 Weeks Of Code
- Web Development
- HTML & CSS
- Graphic Design
- Flash & ActionScript
- SEO & Advertising
- Web Servers & Hosting
- Site Check
Follow & Share
Give It A Try!
- Ninja App: Quick and Dirty Image Degrading
- Intro to Genetic Algorithms
- How sometimes what you require, is a different algorithm.
- Predicates (For vb.net 2.0 and above)
- Debugging Express
- Tutorial(VB.Net) Creating Windows Form App Using Notepad+CommandPrompt
- Restricting Extension Function To Selected Value Types
- Creating SQL Server Stored Procedures and Using them in VB.NET
- Why Separation Of Concerns matters?
- Copying Directory's Across Servers
- 243 More VB.NET Tutorials...
- Open a Folder Browse Dialog window
- Running an external executable file
- Get connection string from app.config
- Resize Image
- Load bitmap into PictureBox using OpenFileDialog
- Use KeyChar to limit the characters that can be entered into a Text Box
- Multi-threading with background worker
- Validate email address
- Validate email address with Regular Expressions
- Get all IP address on a LAN (w/o Active Directory)
- 453 More VB.NET Snippets...