2 Replies - 590 Views - Last Post: 05 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

"Error" Sending mail

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hello, i'm new here.

I'm making an application for school and it needs to connect to mail and send an attachement (an image) which is ScreenGraber, but everytime it tris to send the email my AV asks me for permition to connect to the that port (TCP), is there a way i can do to the app to send the mail without have to give permissions in AV? Just a mail? Its because is a class project for everyone of something and it deliveries to the prof's email, and everyone has to run it and it's a pain that everyone (or almost) that needs to give permission to it to send the email.

Thanks in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: "Error" Sending mail

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: "Error" Sending mail

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Your av is likely picking up your application as a potential threat because it isn't a fully featured MTA. You'll need to open port 25 on both the AV & the firewall, & potentially tell your AV to trust the application.

Without knowing the AV in question, it's a little more difficult to answer, & I also don't believe this topic is based on your VB.NET code, but the behavior of your AV. Thus the topic should be posted in Computer Support. I'll move it for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: "Error" Sending mail

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

My av is NOD32... so do i really have to allow it on av/firewall settings?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1