6 Replies - 974 Views - Last Post: 05 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Voice recognition intelisense programing editor

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

So I had an idea of creating a voice recognition editor kind of like dragon for developing programs.

What are your thoughts?
What language would be the best to design for ie (HTML, PHP...)?
What language to write it in?

I would start with HTML and CSS intelisense.
I don't know what language would be best to create it in though, maybe c#, cause that's the one I know the most.

Let me know what you think.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Voice recognition intelisense programing editor

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Voice recognition intelisense programing editor

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I had an idea that this doesn't belong in a 'non' development sub-forum, what are your thoughts?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 05 October 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

I had an idea that this doesn't belong in a 'non' development sub-forum, what are your thoughts?

I couldn't see any place else to place it since I didn't need help just a disscussion topic that I thought would be cool. Sorry for improper placement.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

** Topic moved to software development **

Before you click 'new topic' the huge text above the button reads :

Welcome To The Caffeine Lounge
Welcome to the Caffeine Lounge! This is our off-topic forum for discussions related to non-programming topics including: sports, current events, games, music, movies, TV, food, drink, geek related (toys & technology), debates, life events, rants, and occasionally religion and politics.

Now, with all of that out of the way, I think that any web platform is a horrible design for voice recognition software. Just my opinion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, I don't know about it. Pullup an HTML page of moderate length and try reading it out load. Pretty off beat right ? (I know, because I just did it). I would think then you would need to find some sort of 'short cut' words or phrases and perpetually be checking those.. and then there's the issue with the closing tags.. how to keep those legit and maneuver (verbally) around them.

What's your thoughts on these issues?

@no2pencil - I think he meant to use the web development as the first area to get a make over to translate words to text.. not that the OP was going to write his voice recognition software *IN* a webpage.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Initial thought : how would the software differ "for" from "4"?

A for loop, for example.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 05 October 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't know about it. Pullup an HTML page of moderate length and try reading it out load. Pretty off beat right ? (I know, because I just did it). I would think then you would need to find some sort of 'short cut' words or phrases and perpetually be checking those.. and then there's the issue with the closing tags.. how to keep those legit and maneuver (verbally) around them.

I agree that there must be a way to make it flow. I was thingking it could be like reading sudo code to it in some form for programming back end like php but for html it would be dificult to create a string of words to create an html document. but key words can be used like "header 1- pause- content edit" this would create an h1 tag in the place of the cursor and then edit the text inside. For the atttributes you could use somthing like "tag attribute id- pause- edit" then edit the id for that tag.

I think the biggest issue would be placement of the cursor. But i thought it could be somthing like " line 16 -pause- h1 -pause- edit attribute id -pause-......

maybe I'm wrong but it may be easier to edit for someone that has trouble typing and still likes to create web documents and applications. I am thinking this would be used for disabled people.

What's your thoughts on these issues?

My thoughts are that it will be a great challenge.

@no2pencil - I think he meant to use the web development as the first area to get a make over to translate words to text.. not that the OP was going to write his voice recognition software *IN* a webpage.

I am thinking about createing the software to run on a local machine (most likly windows) and create documents like dragon only for web development and programming for the disabled.

View Postno2pencil, on 05 October 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Initial thought : how would the software differ "for" from "4"?

A for loop, for example.

This can be done with simple key words like "loop -pause- type equals for -pause- variable i equals zero semi-colon if i is less than five semi-colon increment i positive semi-colon" or something more simple. but this would be later as i want to create it to edit html and css scripts first so that I get a framework for the software set.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1