8 Replies - 645 Views - Last Post: 06 October 2012 - 08:10 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Nasss  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 06-October 12

Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

I'm working on this project where I have IP addresses in a listbox. I've already gotten a method that transfers the listbox items into the textbox , but I need the IPs to change themselves with a button.

For example , I have these three IP addresses :

123.456.78
891.23.45.6
789.123.12

The current IP address in the textbox is 123.456.78 but when I click a button it changes too line two which is 891.23.45.6 and it can ONLY be that in the textbox (not like 123.456.78 is pushed off to the side).

Can someone help me out? I would really appreciated it.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

#2 CharlieMay  Icon User is offline

  • This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

Reputation: 1533
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,919
  • Joined: 25-September 09

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Can we see the line where you're putting the item from the listbox into the textbox. It sounds like you're performing a concatenation. If you set the text property = something that is what the text property holds. If you are concatenating the text property, it will add to what is there.

Let's see where you're setting the text property of the textbox.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Nasss  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 06-October 12

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

View PostCharlieMay, on 06 October 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

Can we see the line where you're putting the item from the listbox into the textbox. It sounds like you're performing a concatenation. If you set the text property = something that is what the text property holds. If you are concatenating the text property, it will add to what is there.

Let's see where you're setting the text property of the textbox.


Ok , well this is all in one button.

'*Grabbing our proxy text from our online server (this way we can keep updating our proxies).
        Dim Str As System.IO.Stream
        Dim srRead As System.IO.StreamReader
        Try
            ' make a Web request
            Dim req As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100659925/ProxiesPortAlways8080.txt")
            Dim resp As System.Net.WebResponse = req.GetResponse
            Str = resp.GetResponseStream
            srRead = New System.IO.StreamReader(Str)
            ' read all the text 
            TextBox2.Text = srRead.ReadToEnd
        Catch ex As Exception
            TextBox2.Text = "Unable to download content"
        Finally
            '  Close Stream and StreamReader when done
            srRead.Close()
            Str.Close()
        End Try

        ' Assign string to reference.
        Dim value1 As String = TextBox2.Text


        ' Replace word with another word.
        Dim value2 As String = value1.Replace("<br>", vbNewLine)
        TextBox2.Text = value2
        ListBox1.Items.Add(TextBox2.Text)

        '*Now , we're taking our fresh proxies in the textbox and moving them into our listbox.

        ListBox1.Items.AddRange(TextBox2.Text.Split(vbNewLine))

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 CharlieMay  Icon User is offline

  • This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

Reputation: 1533
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,919
  • Joined: 25-September 09

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

OK, so where is the code where you're putting the selecteditem of the listbox into the textbox as you described above?

Also, why do you need it to go to a textbox? are you going to use the contents of that textbox in something? If you need the textbox to be what is hilighted in the listbox, why not just use the selecteditem of the listbox to get that value to use in something.

This post has been edited by CharlieMay: 06 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 Nasss  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 06-October 12

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostCharlieMay, on 06 October 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

OK, so where is the code where you're putting the selecteditem of the listbox into the textbox as you described above?

Also, why do you need it to go to a textbox? are you going to use the contents of that textbox in something? If you need the textbox to be what is hilighted in the listbox, why not just use the selecteditem of the listbox to get that value to use in something.


Oh , I left that part out. And yes I will be using the textbox for something , I need each IP to be switched with a timer in the textbox through the value of the listbox. I just need the listbox to be able to update my IPs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 CharlieMay  Icon User is offline

  • This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

Reputation: 1533
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,919
  • Joined: 25-September 09

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

View PostNasss, on 06 October 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Oh , I left that part out.

So can you supply it?


Look what I'm saying is: Let's say you have the following in your listbox
    123.456.789.012
    123.456.789.013
    321.654.987.111


Now lets suppose you clicked on the first item of the listbox
You can set the textbox1.text = listbox1.selecteditem
now textbox1.text holds the SAME thing that is selected in listbox1 (because you filled in with a list of strings)

Now lets say you want to use that value

Messagebox.Show("My Textbox Shows:" & TextBox1.Text)
would result in a messagebox that reads: My Textbox Shows: 123.456.789.012

But, let's decide that we didn't use the textbox but instead used the selecteditem of the listbox
Messagebox.Show("I selected in my list: " & ListBox1.SelectedItem
would result in a messagebox that reads: I selected in my list: 123.456.789.012

As you can see both results are the same because all you did in the textbox was copy a string of a selected item to a string in a textbox to use as a string in something else.

All I'm pointing out is you're just using two different ways of displaying a string to get a string when you could have just taken it straight from the source. (in this case the ListBox)

This post has been edited by CharlieMay: 06 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Nasss  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 06-October 12

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostCharlieMay, on 06 October 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

View PostNasss, on 06 October 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Oh , I left that part out.

So can you supply it?


Look what I'm saying is: Let's say you have the following in your listbox
    123.456.789.012
    123.456.789.013
    321.654.987.111


Now lets suppose you clicked on the first item of the listbox
You can set the textbox1.text = listbox1.selecteditem
now textbox1.text holds the SAME thing that is selected in listbox1 (because you filled in with a list of strings)

Now lets say you want to use that value

Messagebox.Show("My Textbox Shows:" & TextBox1.Text)
would result in a messagebox that reads: My Textbox Shows: 123.456.789.012

But, let's decide that we didn't use the textbox but instead used the selecteditem of the listbox
Messagebox.Show("I selected in my list: " & ListBox1.SelectedItem
would result in a messagebox that reads: I selected in my list: 123.456.789.012

As you can see both results are the same because all you did in the textbox was copy a string of a selected item to a string in a textbox to use as a string in something else.

All I'm pointing out is you're just using two different ways of displaying a string to get a string when you could have just taken it straight from the source. (in this case the ListBox)


That all made perfect sense , but I wan't the listbox to switch to a new item after like every x.x.x seconds.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 dotINSolution  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 6
  • View blog
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 25-September 12

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

To switch to a new item after every seconds, use this code:
  For i As Integer = 0 To ListBox1.Items.Count - 1 Step 1
                                             ListBox1.SelectedIndex = i
                                             Thread.Sleep(5000) ' Wait for 5 seconds
                                         Next

You can offcourse run that code inside a different thread. Or modify it to a infinite loop that sets index back to 0 when the current index is the last item
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#9 Nasss  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 06-October 12

Re: Listbox Line Going One By One In Textbox.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostdotINSolution, on 06 October 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

To switch to a new item after every seconds, use this code:
  For i As Integer = 0 To ListBox1.Items.Count - 1 Step 1
                                             ListBox1.SelectedIndex = i
                                             Thread.Sleep(5000) ' Wait for 5 seconds
                                         Next

You can offcourse run that code inside a different thread. Or modify it to a infinite loop that sets index back to 0 when the current index is the last item



THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+REP
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1