1 Replies - 728 Views - Last Post: 06 October 2012 - 03:43 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Trying to display information from access database in vb.net

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hi,

I am trying to display the items that are out of stock and re-ordered depending on the orders for that day. Then also display the bills for all the customers who ordered that day. They should display all customers name, address, items ordered with cost and total cost for the order. I have code to open the connection but after that I am at a total loss at how to call in those values (custID, itemID, quantity, name, street, city, amtPurchases, description, price) I also attached a picture of what it needs to look like. So far here is what I have and need help with:

Imports System.Data.OleDb

Public Class frmMicroland

Dim con As OleDbConnection

Private Sub btnStockItems_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStockItems.Click

Dim ConnectionString As String
        ConnectionString = "Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source = C:\Users\bin\Debug\MICROLAND.accdb;"
        Dim AccessConnection As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(ConnectionString)
        AccessConnection.Open()

Dim da As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT custID", AccessConnection)

Console.WriteLine(AccessConnection)

AccessConnection.Close()

End Sub

Private Sub btnTodaysOrders_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnTodaysOrders.Click
    End Sub

End Class

I really want to learn vb so answers would be great but if you just want to give me helpful topics or sites or code with explanations that would be awesome! I have been working on this project for weeks and I am so confused.

thanks guys!

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Trying to display information from access database in vb.net

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Trying to display information from access database in vb.net

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

"Some help" is really, really vague.

Is there some code that isn't working? Are you getting errors?

"I really want to learn vb so answers would be great "
Maybe I'm just not seeing them, but I don't see any questions to answer.

I have the impression this is school homework. We can't just tell you how to do it... but there is an article link in my signature block that might help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1