4 Replies - 619 Views - Last Post: 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need some help with this Projuct

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi im looking for someone to make me a windows replacement shell, I want all what windows XP dose but its programmed in visual basic 6.0, I want it to look deferent then windows and i want to be able to add icons to replacement shells desktop and have a add and remove program built in and i want a programming languages that will let me program software just for the replacement shell and i want a deferent file system just like windows uses exe i want to us something like xbn or something its up to you how it can be done i have a replacement shell made that i found on planet source code, but it has everything i want in a replacement shell but a programming language, and i want to have a text editor in the program that i can type and i then it asks me to save to the replacement shell desktop. And i want an add remove program so i can add games and software to the menu. Like windows the start menu is on the bottom i want a menu on top of the screen so basically i want to replace windows explorer or reducing it. I want everything that windows dose but programmed in vb6.0. IM a programmer my self and i just don't have the time to do this. And i want a Recycle Bin so i can throw stuff away just like windows and a Ctrl alt delete to close windows if not responding. And have its own background program to change the background and menu button. So basically all most everything windows has, just tell me how much it will cost i will pay really good if this gets done just like what i asked, But i uploaded a project i found of planet source code and its really nice just need some more stuff added to it, Oh and one of the biggest things is i want the windows to look deferent not like Microsoft windows with the x button an the - button i want it to be Yankee. And one of the biggest one is a programming language to make programs just for the replacement shell, i do not want any windows that has to do with Microsoft windows, just like when you open a file you have to us Microsoft windows to find it I want that to be on its own not using any Microsoft windows commands and stuff like that. If you want more info on what i need done please tell me and i will try to explain as much as i can thanks for reading my post.contains all the main Windows Desktop elements, like Desktop, TaskBar, Tray, Main Menu, DDE
with its own Control Panel, tasklist, etc, and most of it can be skinnable though the interface and applications, and utilities filemanager Windows, Icons, Menus, Pointing Device and system monitors, a clock, a task module a 3D desktop replacement a natural way of extending the classic desktop metaphor future platform for 3D applications provide easy manipulations and navigation Internet browser, add remove software, and add icons to desktop more coming soon still righting it.
Here is my projuct in a rar file, you would need to Ok here is the project. To oppen it and run you need to click on EShell.exe you might have to rebuild the projuct. theres a tutorial. And you need to extract, put it in C:\vb\EShell Beta 2. Oh and sorry i fugot to put the text editor in it, If you want i can repost it. And Here are some pictures.

[url=http://postimage.org/image/r0l3nkshr/][img]http://s11.postimage.org/r0l3nkshr/desktopaddfiles.jpg[/url][/img]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2mga2bo.jpg[/img]
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/a0azc3.jpg[/img]

Here is the projuct link

projuct file

this file has no exes and is ok bye antiviruses

sorry the links did not work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Projuct

https://hotfile.com/...Beta_2.rar.html

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need some help with this Projuct

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need some help with this Projuct

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

A few things to note out..

First - VB6?! Why not just vb4 or another antiquated language turboc++?

Second - what's to gain from making a shell on windows?

So basically all most everything windows has, just tell me how much it will cost i will pay really good if this gets done just like what i asked,

Third - what is to gain by making everything like windows but not be windows?

Oh and one of the biggest things is i want the windows to look different not like Microsoft windows with the x button an the - button i want it to be Yankee.

Fourth - which Yankee? Jeeter? Teixeira? Ruth?

IM a programmer my self and i just don't have the time to do this.

Fifth - okay, but do you have a time enough to make a coherent plan of what you want to do? Right now all I see is a wall of text of things from windows you want with little to no explanation on what shouldn't be there, what sort of principles should be in place for writing this, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hi

So basically all most everything windows has, just tell me how much it will cost i will pay really good if this gets done just like what i asked,

What im asking here is, Im makeing a replacement shell that will take over explorer just like the shell replacement name black box, If you have heard of it.

Third - what is to gain by making everything like windows but not be windows?

I want it to have a start menu and beable to save files and make folders just like windows dose, so say you open a text editor and you want to save it instad of saveing it to windows explorer it save it to the replacement shell.

Oh and one of the biggest things is i want the windows to look different not like Microsoft windows with the x button an the - button i want it to be Yankee.

And what I mean about this, You know how the windows looks when you open a folder and it has a resize and make the window biger and close button, I want that to look different.

Fifth - okay, but do you have a time enough to make a coherent plan of what you want to do? Right now all I see is a wall of text of things from windows you want with little to no explanation on what shouldn't be there, what sort of principles should be in place for writing this, etc.

Yes I do, but im at work right now using my work computer and the details are on my laptop at home, I get off in 3hrs then I will post them for you, I hop this helps. Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

desktop environment typically consists of icons, windows, toolbars, folders, wallpapers and desktop widgets graphical user interfaces and WIMP).Windows Desktop elements, like Desktop, TaskBar, Tray, Main Menu, DDE
with its own Control Panel, tasklist, etc, and most of it can be skinnable though the interface and applications, and utilities filemanager Windows, Icons, Menus, Pointing Device and system monitors, a clock, a task module and GUI might also provide drag and drop functionality and other features that make the desktop metaphor more complete. A desktop environment aims to be an intuitive way for the user to interact with the computer using concepts which are similar to those used when interacting with the physical world, such as buttons and windows software library for applications with a unified look and behavior consists of a window manager (such as Metacity or KWin), a file manager (such as Nautilus or Dolphin), a set of themes, and programs and libraries for managing the desktop. All of these individual modules can be exchanged and individually configured to achieve a unique combination, but most desktop environments provide a default configuration that requires minimal user input.The most common desktop environment on personal computers is Microsoft Windows' built-in interface. It is titled Luna in Windows XP and Aero in Windows Vista and Windows 7. Also common is Aqua, included with Apple's Mac OS X.

Mainstream desktop environments for Unix-like operating systems using the X Window System include KDE, GNOME, Xfce, and LXDE.

A number of other desktop environments also exist, including (but not limited to) CDE, EDE, GEM, IRIX Interactive Desktop, Sun's Java Desktop System, Jesktop, Mezzo, Project Looking Glass, ROX Desktop, UDE, Xito, XFast. Moreover, there exists FVWM-Crystal, which consists of a powerful configuration for the FVWM window manager, a theme and further adds, altogether forming a "construction kit" for building up a desktop environment.

X window managers that are meant to be usable stand-alone—without another desktop environment—also include elements reminiscent of those found in typical desktop environments, most prominently Enlightenment.[citation needed] Other examples include OpenBox, Fluxbox, WindowLab, Fvwm, as well as Window Maker and AfterStep, which both feature the NeXTSTEP GUI look and feel.

The Amiga approach to desktop environment was noteworthy: the original Workbench desktop environment in AmigaOS evolved through time to originate an entire family of descendants and alternative desktop solutions. Some of those descendants are the Scalos,[18] the Ambient desktop of MorphOS, and the Wanderer desktop of the AROS open source OS. WindowLab also contains features reminiscent of the Amiga UI. Third party Directory Opus software which was originally just a navigational file manager program then evolved to became to a complete Amiga desktop replacement called Directory Opus Magellan.There is the Workplace Shell that runs on IBM OS/2 or eComStation.
The BumpTop project is an experimental desktop environment. Its main objective is to replace the 2D paradigm with a "real-world" 3D implementation, where documents can be freely manipulated across a virtual table.an application that provides detailed information about your files, folders, and drives. You can use it to see how your files are organized and to copy, move, and rename files, as well as perform other taskspertaining to files, folders, and drives.The simplest way to access Windows Explorer is to right-click the Start menu or the My Computer icon and select either Open Windows Explorer or Explore. If your keyboard has a Windows logo key, you can press Win-e to launch Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you can access it from the Start menu. In newer operating systems, it is under Accessories.This is the user shell, which we see as the familiar taskbar, desktop, and other user interface features. This process isn't as vital to the running of Windows as you might expect, and can be stopped (and restarted) from Task Manager, usually with no negative side effects on other applications.
Note: The explorer.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows. In other cases, explorer.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.Stuff like what windows explorer dose, i hope that helps
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

replacement \ companion shell for MS Windows. It has many features, over Multiple user enabled, User rights policy system, Icon Transition FX, Skinnable theme components, RSA Encryption, Lock desktop icons with password, lock computer, built in Snake game, Shortcut menus, etc etc... The System files,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1