4 Replies - 2647 Views - Last Post: 16 October 2012 - 03:25 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

unable to find “php.ini-recommended” or “php.ini-dist”

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

i did not find “php.ini-recommended” or “php.ini-dist” in my php directory as directed by you while configuring php with iis and mysql..

This post has been edited by Atli: 11 October 2012 - 01:16 AM
Reason for edit:: Try not to abuse the [font] and [size] tags. We're not blind.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: unable to find “php.ini-recommended” or “php.ini-dist”

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: unable to find “php.ini-recommended” or “php.ini-dist”

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

Directed by who? Where are you getting your instructions from?

In any case, if you are having trouble finding those files, just download the ZIP package for whatever version you're using from the PHP FOR Windows page, and copy them from there.

In the latest versions the templates are called "php.ini-development" and "php.ini-production". The choice should be obvious.

By the way, why don't you just use the Microsoft Web Platform Installer? Seems by far the simplest way to install PHP on a IIS based server.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

I renamed my php.ini-development to php.ini and used that file. I can't remember what it was for exactly, but I was following similar instructions and this got me where I wanted to be.. this, and some obscure line that I had to add to it but couldn't find anywhere. I ended up altering one I got from the book I was reading numerous times.

Here we go - a thread of my pain when trying to install PHP & Apache on Windows 7.

http://www.dreaminco...1&#entry1688807

Read the first post through, and then go to the second page and read my last post, that's where I finally figure the part I was confused about out. Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

i got the direction from My link and i followed the same steps for installing php but didn't find the specified files so i installed using msi(no other option)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

That's a pretty old tutorial. I'm not even sure if the methods described there are still valid for the current versions of PHP and IIS.

Have you looked into using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer instead, like I suggested? If you are going to use IIS, that's probably the best way to install PHP. (At least for everybody who isn't an experienced IIS admin.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1