Arghhh! Been away for so long...

How to motivate myself to get back into programming...

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 816 Views - Last Post: 17 June 2007 - 09:21 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Arghhh! Been away for so long...

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

hey dudes, whats up, well i was taking programming classes in the Fall of 2006 and well i past Programming in C++ with a C+ in that class.... what a coincidence don't you think? Well any-who, I have been working real hard to try to get my COMPtia A+ certification by the end of the year. Well, this means buying a whole lot of books and reading and cramming as much as I can into my brain as humanely possible.

Getting down to the point. I am trying to learn how to program again. The last thing we left off at in class was using Arrays. You know that whole Line 1 column 2 thing.

I want to motivate myself to get back into learning programming language. Anybody got any ideas how?

I know if i watch the movie HACKER's and SWORDFISH and the MATRIX and JOHNNY NMONIC movie will make me get up and learn. But of course those movies are fiction and none of that stuff is true.

Anybody got any other ideas??

Also, anybody recommend any books to catch up?

In class we were using Starting out with C++ 4th Edition Revised by Tony Gaddis.

And i am using DEV C++ as the programming tool.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Arghhh! Been away for so long...

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Arghhh! Been away for so long...

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:34 PM

Are you looking for resources to help you learn, or motivation? Because the latter can only come from yourself.

http://www.telegraph....org/books.html
http://www.research....om/~bs/3rd.html

Although the latter is not great for those just starting out. It is a great book, however.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

you are very wise! much appreciated! well, i need motivation also.... hopefully this leads to programming video games!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

View Postsupercharged_V6, on 17 Jun, 2007 - 05:37 PM, said:

you are very wise! much appreciated! well, i need motivation also.... hopefully this leads to programming video games!

Motivation is a thing only you can supply. But I do set goals for myself and try to write at least one program everyday. Of course if its some in depth program, I might work with it over several days. The more you write programs the more natural it becomes a part of you. I look at programming as a tool, the better you understand the tool, the more you can accomplish with it and the more you will appreciate it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1