A DLL that was created in VB.net by someone else was sent to me to include in an Excel VBA project. I registered the DLL on my machine using visual studio 2008 tools regasm. Once the DLL was registered in my systems32 folder I tried to reference it in my VBA project but I could not because of errors stating it could not be referenced. Then I found that I didn't even need to reference it. The calls the DLL were working just fine without me having to reference or declare the DLL in my vba project.
Question 1: Why is that? I thought that to use functionality built into a DLL it had to be referenced or declared somehow. I would really like to understand this if possible.
Question 2:Do you foresee any issues with this when releasing to the end users?
Question 3:What is the best way to get the DLL out to multiple end users without having to manually register the DLL myself?
- Caffeine Lounge
- Corner Cubicle
- Student Campus
- Software Development
- Industry News
- Introduce Yourself
- C and C++
- .NET Framework
- Other Languages
- Game Development
- Mobile Development
- 52 Weeks Of Code
- Web Development
- HTML & CSS
- Graphic Design
- Flash & ActionScript
- SEO & Advertising
- Web Servers & Hosting
- Site Check
Follow & Share
Give It A Try!
- Ninja App: Quick and Dirty Image Degrading
- Intro to Genetic Algorithms
- How sometimes what you require, is a different algorithm.
- Predicates (For vb.net 2.0 and above)
- Debugging Express
- Tutorial(VB.Net) Creating Windows Form App Using Notepad+CommandPrompt
- Restricting Extension Function To Selected Value Types
- Creating SQL Server Stored Procedures and Using them in VB.NET
- Why Separation Of Concerns matters?
- Copying Directory's Across Servers
- 244 More VB.NET Tutorials...
- Open a Folder Browse Dialog window
- Running an external executable file
- Get connection string from app.config
- Resize Image
- Load bitmap into PictureBox using OpenFileDialog
- Use KeyChar to limit the characters that can be entered into a Text Box
- Multi-threading with background worker
- Validate email address
- Validate email address with Regular Expressions
- Get all IP address on a LAN (w/o Active Directory)
- 453 More VB.NET Snippets...