1 Replies - 4616 Views - Last Post: 06 July 2007 - 05:46 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

search form that populates a listbox on the fly

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Hello,

I am trying to create a form that when someone enters in a search topic and then clicks the search button, a listbox (not a pull-down listbox, but rather one that looks like a table) which is on the same page, just below the search box, will be populated with the info returned back from the search (grabbed from MySQL). I know this can be done by using a search form and then passing it to another page, but I'm trying to keep this in the same page without having to load another form or even reload the same page. I'm sure this will involve some javascripting (which I do have _some_ knowledge in) but am not sure how to begin...

Is Coldfusion able to load data on the same page? Should this be done mostly in Javascript or can at least a good portion be done through Coldfusion?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
SF

This post has been edited by sf_basilix: 18 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: search form that populates a listbox on the fly

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: search form that populates a listbox on the fly

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

View Postsf_basilix, on 18 Jun, 2007 - 10:27 AM, said:

Hello,

I am trying to create a form that when someone enters in a search topic and then clicks the search button, a listbox (not a pull-down listbox, but rather one that looks like a table) which is on the same page, just below the search box, will be populated with the info returned back from the search (grabbed from MySQL). I know this can be done by using a search form and then passing it to another page, but I'm trying to keep this in the same page without having to load another form or even reload the same page. I'm sure this will involve some javascripting (which I do have _some_ knowledge in) but am not sure how to begin...

Is Coldfusion able to load data on the same page? Should this be done mostly in Javascript or can at least a good portion be done through Coldfusion?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
SF

Actually CFAJAX sounds EXACTLY like what you are looking for.

http://www.indiankey.com/cfajax/

This post has been edited by kenham40: 06 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1