1 Replies - 1086 Views - Last Post: 01 November 2012 - 05:31 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How To Publish ASP.Net Site To Remote FTP Host

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

With a basic html page you literally drag the index.html into your remote web directory.

Heck, you can even double click on it and it locally works.

With asp webpages however...

I found out real quick there's not a file you can just click on to send it to your browser for viewing.

When I run my asp web app in VS it looks good.

Only problem is it's local (it's local and plus I don't know how it all got compiled together either).

I can publish it to my ftp site using the publish profile settings; however,...

It publishes all of the files nice & neat to my ftp site -only problem is I have no idea what to do with them.

It doesn't publish any file I can simply click on or link to - to make my page display.

I'm desperate because I don't even know what I'm supposed to be learning to even figure this out.

I'm so lost I don't even know what to type in google search.

I did however make it here though so...

Can someone help please. Recommend me a book, an article, a video, a clue, encouragement, a therapist, anything?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How To Publish ASP.Net Site To Remote FTP Host

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How To Publish ASP.Net Site To Remote FTP Host

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

first you need to make sure that your web host supports asp.net, not all do. If they do then once your web site is published to the web host you should be able to simply go to the url you registered with the web host. If you named your home page something besides index.aspx or default.aspx then you may need to type in the name of the page as well as the base url. ex: www.myurl.com or www.myurl.com/myhomepage.aspx

If you know that your web host supports asp.net and you're still having trouble getting your page to display it would probably be best to contact your host and find out if there is something more you need to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1