4 Replies - 8668 Views - Last Post: 09 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Obfuscators?

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

I can't seem to find a very full-proof obfuscator. I used allatori on one of my simplish programs and posted it on a greyhat forum that I'm reputable on, and I got a skype message a few days later saying that someone had cracked it. They claimed they made an allatori obfuscator, which I believe makes the code runnable after decompilation therefore it is prone to debugging. The only solution I can think of to keep code secure would be to write a C/C++/C-- program to decrypt a jar and store it on some ramdisk-type thing that deletes once the code is done, but I think this would be very time-consuming to write and would probably be easily cracked. Do you guys have any ideas on what I should do?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Obfuscators?

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Obfuscators?

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Java will never be all that protectable without using an AOT compiler like http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jet.html but even then if someone is determined enough you're still going to get ripped. You'd be better off using pure C++/C as that's not quite as easy to break apart, or even C# with how much more obfuscatable it is.

tl;dr As hard as you try if someone is determined enough your code will be broken open.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

This is one of them tough things where different levels of protection will only protect you from different levels of crackers. There are many options out there, all have the potential of being cracked. The only way I feel comfortable when offering an application is to never let the users get their hands on it by hosting it on a server. For a general gray hat forum, you could probably find a library which will offer you sufficient protection though. Once again though, it depends how much effort someone wants to put into cracking the program.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostGhlavac, on 03 November 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

Java will never be all that protectable without using an AOT compiler like http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jet.html but even then if someone is determined enough you're still going to get ripped. You'd be better off using pure C++/C as that's not quite as easy to break apart, or even C# with how much more obfuscatable it is.

tl;dr As hard as you try if someone is determined enough your code will be broken open.

TYVM for the AOT suggestion, I ran it past a whitehat that I know and he couldn't crack it.

This post has been edited by natecat: 09 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

It doesn't mean it can't be cracked.. But it can; it just takes a whole crapton more work...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1