8 Replies - 886 Views - Last Post: 04 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Can you help with my essay?

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

This might be a rather stupid question but..suppose I need help with a source based essay, and I have 3 sources and I write my essay and post it here..I would also post the 3 sources I used along with citations...would you help me revise my essay to make it better/stronger??? Thank you all in advance who have considered this post.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Can you help with my essay?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Can you help with my essay?

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Ummm we are programmers not English professors. I assume the paper is even about software/technology? Because if it is about a novel or how you grew green beans in 1/4 the natural light, I think you are on the totally wrong board.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostMartyr2, on 04 November 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Ummm we are programmers not English professors. I assume the paper is even about software/technology? Because if it is about a novel or how you grew green beans in 1/4 the natural light, I think you are on the totally wrong board.

Yes I know but this is the student campus section of the forum and it clearly states this "Welcome to the Student Campus! This is our off-topic forum for students to discuss topics related to high school and college classes including non-programming homework help, degree programs, classes, instructors, schools, and other student specific topics."

Notice that I put non-programming and homework help in bold. So clearly, in this section anyone can get any kind of help including essay revision if they need it. Just pointing out your misunderstanding, no disrespect.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

er, all questions are important! I changed your title to something more descriptive
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostPreacher2012, on 04 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostMartyr2, on 04 November 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Yes I know but this is the student campus section of the forum and it clearly states this "Welcome to the Student Campus! This is our off-topic forum for students to discuss topics related to high school and college classes including non-programming homework help, degree programs, classes, instructors, schools, and other student specific topics."

Notice that I put non-programming and homework help in bold. So clearly, in this section anyone can get any kind of help including essay revision if they need it. Just pointing out your misunderstanding, no disrespect.

Well if you take a look at the rest of the topics in this forum you will probably notice a trend. I think when they mention off topic programming they are referring to things like math, computer science, technology in general because look, you are going to probably get more help with essay writing from a board full of English majors/professors than a bunch of tech guys.

But hey, if you want go right ahead and post your essay. I just thought I would help you out. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

lol there could be other people here other than tech nerds -__-. But thanks anyway.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

ok your new here, you don't need to quote the post above you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

My bad. Still getting used to this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Why don't you post the essay you have over here. We will be more than glad to help you out with correcting your grammatical mistakes( if any). :)

regards,
Raghav
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1