1 Replies - 2882 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2012 - 08:24 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Question with dots and boxes game in VB

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I am making a dots and boxes game with a random element (other than who starts first) in VB but I don't really know where to start. I have my layout and everything ready but I'm not sure where or how to start coding. Some assistance of how I should start or what I should be aiming for would be appreciated.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Question with dots and boxes game in VB

#2 .Aaron  Icon User is online

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Question with dots and boxes game in VB

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Doubt anyone is coming back so many days later, but I'll answer just in case the op does or anyone else about to ask the same thing runs into this topic.

Are you making a simple command line game, or something bigger with images that has it's own window? If it's the latter, then do any code for getting the window up in the first place as well a handling images. Then in either case, get the basic structure for the game set up, the code for switching between states of the game, whether that is switching screens between a main menu and the game screen, or just text to ask the user if they want to start a(nother) game or exit, and then jump to the code to handle whichever case. Then if you have anything to drawn for any screen, or part, get that set up. Then, getting input from the user, or presenting them with options, and then responding to it, updating anything affected. Once you get that far make sure to some testing and make sure everything is working, and solid before adding anything else you need/want.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1