4 Replies - 8079 Views - Last Post: 08 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to make a database? VB.net windows 7 phone

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I am not totally new to this however, i have created a simple login feature thats hard coded into the program. I would like to create a sample database have it store values (username and password) Call the data and check it. to log in to the app I created. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know of a few databases however i have not learned to use these yet. Being that my database and vb 2 classes arent until next semester. I would like to learn ahead. Google seems to be my worst enemy.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to make a database? VB.net windows 7 phone

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make a database? VB.net windows 7 phone

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm not sure what you're asking? Are you asking someone to hand-hold you through learning how to communicate with databases?

You say you haven't learned anything about databases. Have you walked through the numerous tutorials here on DIC? Have you picked up any of the numerous books on the subject?

Most "Learn VB.NET in 30 days" type books cover this to some degree.

From my FAQ...
Q: ...make a password/login form?
A: Password handling tutorial
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

No not at all i am not looking for a teacher or a step through step guide. Sorry for the confusion just a point in the right direction.

I know about adding references and that i will make a oledb connection class. It just seems everytime i have tried to configure it nothing works.

I have tried using google extensively and my professor wont go too much into the future of my classes.

Thanks for what you have sent though. Most of what I find is C# related such as classes and such. MSDN has helped a little.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

VB.NET and C# are both .NET languages. Classes are classes even if you are in JAVA. That's what OOP is centered around.

After a while it becomes not too difficult to read C# and write in your native VB.NET. Just read the C# like you would pseudo code and use that to base your VB.NET upon. If you read it 'loosely' for the ideas and concepts and not stictly for the exact syntax you should get there.

I've been having to do the same thing trying to teach myself MySQL. All you can do is beat on google with the right terms and keep plugging away at it. Trial and error teaches a lot.

If you have code then you should post it along with the errors. Someone here can help, I'm sure. But when you come asking and have nothing to show by way of honest effort most people won't spend more effort than what they (don't) see coming from you. Make sense?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Makes sense. Thank for that information when I get more done i will post more no use in posting pretty much nothing. I have the outline of the program written.

Button textboxes and such. Just need to practice on integrating it with a database. Thank you once again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1