• (2 Pages)
  • +

22 Replies - 3277 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Wayback Machine

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostSergio Tapia, on 09 November 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

I can talk to my mother effortlessly on a near daily basis. That would be much harder without a simple ubiquitous to use platform such as Facebook.

I'm not trying to bash Facebook or other social media in any way Sergio. I have one, I use it. Without it, who knows if my best friend in Switzerland and I would have remained as *close* as we are after all these years ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostSergio Tapia, on 09 November 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

I can talk to my mother effortlessly on a near daily basis. That would be much harder without a simple ubiquitous to use platform such as Facebook.

That's nice. Fact still remains, the only point of facebook is to get you to look at ads. And the fact that they're in business and Zuckerberg is rich tells you that it works.
(same is true of google by the way - if those guys could make more money rendering babies for biodiesel, that's the business they'd be in)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#18 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 09 November 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

(same is true of google by the way - if those guys could make more money rendering babies for biodiesel, that's the business they'd be in)

If only this were an outlet for funding...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostAnalyticLunatic, on 09 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I believe the original [ORIGINAL] *The*Facebook had no use for ads. They were simply going to be used to profit from the site.

the movie you are referencing did not talk about ads at all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 09 November 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostAnalyticLunatic, on 09 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I believe the original [ORIGINAL] *The*Facebook had no use for ads. They were simply going to be used to profit from the site.

the movie you are referencing did not talk about ads at all.

I was pretty sure Edwardo (Saven? Savien? Meh.) was trying to garner funds by allowing advertisers on the site. It has been a while since I watched it though, so, maybe my memory is slipping :sweatdrop: 21yrs and I'm all kinds of snap crackle pop when I roll out of bed. Getting old ^^

This post has been edited by AnalyticLunatic: 09 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 09 November 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

View PostSergio Tapia, on 09 November 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

That's nice. Fact still remains, the only point of facebook is to get you to look at ads. And the fact that they're in business and Zuckerberg is rich tells you that it works.

I agree with you; your wording confused me. Facebook's goal is to make money by serving ads to you (among other things). But millions of people use it every day, including myself. I don't understand how people can dismiss it's usefulness by saying things like "Oh I just don't get it. All I get is zynga game invites."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Well over half my family lives in Greece, Germany, Sweden and various other countries outside the US. Facebook makes it super easy to stay in contact with all of them. ^_^ It's a wonderful tool to use.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Facebook is like high school all over again for the retards. I have seen more fights on facebook than I have in high school, I have seen more half naked drunk fat chicks living in a mid-life crisis. I have even lost friends over stupid shit on facebook. If it wasn't for the need to share pics and quick updates of the kids with the family, I really wouldn't care if facebook went the way of myspace and disappeared.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +