• +

24 Replies - 2244 Views - Last Post: 11 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

#1 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Any College Football fans?

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

So...are there any of the more sporty nerds among us? If so, are you in shock from today's upset? Texas A&M over the former #1 team, Alabama?

I was at a different game today so I couldn't watch, but I was keeping track of the updates, and damn, it was suspenseful.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any College Football fans?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any College Football fans?

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Was I shocked they lost to A&M? Yes, quite a bit; but LSU had them on the ropes last week as well. I have to give credit to Manziel, though, he did step in and pick them apart 24-31 253yds 0ints 2tds.

edit: not to mention Manziel is just a freshman.

This post has been edited by IJET: 10 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I don't follow College football, but now that I'm reading a bit about the BCS standings, I see what all the excitement (frustration for some) is about! I caught the last quarter of the game. I was so angry to see them lose on an infraction, especially when they knew it was coming! With the way Alabama was throwing the ball, I thought they'd win.... no I was dammed near convinced they'd win, even with 40 secs left. They aren't going to the championships now...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I love seeing Alabama lose, and kudos to this young guy beating them so efficiently.

I cheer for Virgina Tech, having gone there. This year is a shitfest, though. I also root for Oregon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

I am more in shock over the Virginia/Miami game.

On a side note the BCS stands for Bullshit Computer Standings and rarely ever is a representation of the best teams. The system is well beyond flawed and hopefully in the next few years it fades out.

This post has been edited by Nykc: 11 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Well, I'm a huge A&M fan; went to school there for a few semesters. People have been saying that they can't compete in the SEC, which is the conference they just moved to. This season, and this win, has handily proved all the naysayers wrong.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

I go to K-State but I'm not a football fan at all. A bit ago I was gasped at for not knowing that we are now #1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

On a side note the BCS stands for Bullshit Computer Standings and rarely ever is a representation of the best teams. The system is well beyond flawed and hopefully in the next few years it fades out.

Yes. I don't understand how a 10-0 Ohio State doesn't even make the polls. Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't sound right.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Ohio State is suspended for post game playing... until 2014.
http://buckeyextra.d...caa-report.html

Oh and I am required to yell "Go Big Reeeeeeeeeeeed!".
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

i went to the lobo game on saturday. my current college football fan status is: self loathing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hm, I just had a football overload this weekend. UTSA won (I was at that game), Texas A&M won, the Cowboys won, and the Texans won. Oh, and I got a new gun. I just had an amazing weekend.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

I was surprised that A&M beat Bama. Not because A&M wasn't good enough to do so (they've played tough all season) but because Bama was supposed to be an unstoppable juggernaut. Mind you, A&M didn't whup 'em (Bama nearly came back to win) but what's really got me bent is now how the entire national championship game will likely go off without either team having to play the eventual 1 loss SEC champ. Oregon, while good, plays a weak schedule and K State should have to get tested against a defense better than Oregon's.

In any event, looks like the SEC domination of college football could be at an end. But then, even in the years they weren't dominating the rest of the nation, they always had a tendency to beat themselves up. At least the SEC champ will get a chance to leave a boot in some other wannabee program's ass...even if it isn't for the national title.

By way of disclaimer, I'm a USF fan (yes, we redefine sucking pretty much weekly) but anyone that doesn't recognize the talent level of the SEC being head and shoulders above the rest hasn't been watching much college ball the past 10-20 years. All this loss will do is allow two other conferences to legitimately sidestep the ass-whipping they'd get if the SEC champ made it to the national game.

This post has been edited by Craig328: 12 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

eh, that's the problem with the system. just like sometimes it favors sec way too much (last year) sometimes it can do the opposite. at least it's on the way out for something i think everyone can agree will be much better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Well, for all the folks who hate to see the SEC dominate each year, the upcoming 1+1 playoff format will be a nightmare when they're thinking it'll solve all the problems. The SEC usually does manage to hang a loss on their best team each season. The years they've done that though the rest of the nation has obliged by losing games to allow the SEC team a shot at the final game (where the scores show they pretty much deserved to be anyway).

The playoff system will only lock this in tighter when it comes along. Consider the situation now applied to a 1+ playoff. When the East or West SEC champ emerges, they'll (rightfully) vault Notre Dame for the #3 spot (due to SOS). That means that someone like Alabama (I like Georgia but they won't be a match for a pissed off Tide team on a mission) will get to play Oregon first and K State second...and I think they'd likely beat both programs (although K State would present a greater interest if they had a better defense).

Ah well. Any sport that uses opinion polls to try and rank teams is up for criticism no matter how you slice it.

Oh, and while I'm really happy fo' college football..I'm a let you finish...Nascar had one of the best finishes of their season this past weekend.

Anytime you have an intentional wreck followed by a fistfight...and it makes Brad K all pouty...it was a great weekend. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Ah.. no - NASCAR peaked at the giant fire of last year. PEAKED!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +