Any College Football fans?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

24 Replies - 1902 Views - Last Post: 11 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

#16 supersloth  Icon User is online

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any College Football fans?

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

but at the very least i get to see two an extra fantastic football game and everyteam gets to take their shots. i'm less concerned with the outcome and more concerned with everyone getting a chance to succeed or fail on their own merits and not by a poll. if alabama blows both teams out i'm fine with that.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Go FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#18 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

FYI - the link and the spoiler have un-blurred images of the naughty word. So partially NSFW if your place can't handle strong language.

Ha.. silly kids in the dorm spelling out naughty words.

UCLA hosts USC this weekend in a football game that some witty soul once aptly coined “The Los Angeles City Championship.”

To celebrate that fact, some dorms on the UCLA campus got together to create an unmistakable, hard to miss message of “Fuck SC” using the lights in their rooms.

Such a task requires creativity, organization and planning, something probably not seen in a UCLA football game since 1999, when the Bruins miraculously participated in a bowl game people actually watched.

http://www.thebiglea...r-usc-football/

Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Resurrecting a thread because I dinna want to make a new one.

Now that the pretenders all dropped a game so they could avoid the "big one"...who here thinks Notre Dame will beat Alabama down in Miami?

Personally, I think the real national championship game was Alabama/Georgia. I was kinda wanting the Dawgs to win...til I witnessed the third quarter at which point I decided I didn't want to see a team in the final that could give up 350 yards rushing in a game and win.

I'm thinking Irish/Tide is still going to be close going into halftime but that the Tide will start rolling them in the third quarter and coast through the 4th. I'm thinking maybe 24-14 for a final.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#20 xclite  Icon User is online

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I agree with you about Alabama/Georgia.

That said, I would love to see Notre Dame take down Alabama. I'm a huge not-bama fan.

This post has been edited by xclite: 11 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#21 supersloth  Icon User is online

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

i dislike both because i rule.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'm pretty much the exact opposite. There are some college teams I simply can't stand. USC is one, Ohio State is another...but Notre Dame tops them both. I'm not a big 'Bama fan either (I prefer Florida then Georgia then LSU before I'll root for Alabama) but man I really can't stand the Irish.

In all honesty, I really didn't care who it was on one side of the ball in the NC game as long as the SEC champ was on the other side. The quality of the players and the game played in that conference is better than elsewhere for whatever reason and it seems the national champ ought to have to play whichever team emerges from the SEC before you can truly say they're the national champ.

In any event, I think it's gonna be Notre Dame's turn this year to absorb the lesson. It should be an interesting game as both teams tend to play the same way: strong defense, solid run game, ball control with no turnovers. I think the 'Bama O-line will eventually wear down the Irish defensive line and when that happens it'll look a lot like Georgia did in the third quarter of their game: 'Bama running the ball for 8, 9, 10 yards per carry. Thing is: this Irish team really hasn't been tested by an opponent like Alabama yet this season and their resume shows squeaker wins against teams like Purdue, BYU and Pitt...not exactly powerhouses.

Ah well, I just hope to see a good game is all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#23 BetaWar  Icon User is online

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

With CU's football record, I can't afford to be a college football fan. It would involve far too much heartbreak. I gave up on watching them play this year. They managed to win a whole 1 game...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#24 xclite  Icon User is online

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I definitely respect the SEC. Were it any other team from the conference, cheering against ND would be a given :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Sarcasm Extraordinaire!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 12 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

i went to the lobo game on saturday. my current college football fan status is: self loathing.

This, because I'm a KU fan. Finished off the year at 1-11.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +