2 Replies - 3753 Views - Last Post: 11 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

survivalist website

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

this isnt my first website however i do think its my first good website. i have tinkered with websites before but never really had a good topic to base it off of. i have always been interested by zombies and my co-worker is a survivalist. put the two together and you get a survivalist website with a zombie apocalypse theme. the overall point of the site is to increase awareness of the need to prepare for natural disasters. i just finished redesigning the site. originally i started off strong and built the entire page in about 3 weeks with researching content and all that fun stuff. during that time i heard about responsive webdesign and became interested immediately. it took me around 4 days to figure out how i wanted the page to look at different screen sizes and finally came up with my final product. the survival test page is the last one i need to redesign with 'responsiveness' in mind. constructive critism is very welcome.

www.thezombiesarehere.t15.org

thanks for your info!

I didnt realize I had uploaded the survival test page i was redesigning leaving its functionality out. i just reuploaded the old surv test page until i finish the new one. also there is a small bug in the test that i have decided to accept. when you fill out the page and then hit submit it shows a clock counting down time. however if you continue to click submit without reseting or refreshing the page the counter speeds up per click. wierd. ne ways the page is up and can be viewed. thanks again!

This post has been edited by drodriguez: 11 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: survivalist website

#2 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: survivalist website

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's alright I guess. The top graphic looks a little stretched out of shape. I can't say it was any worse than I use to do quite a number of years ago. You might want to try playing around with spacing (margins and padding) to give the content some breathing room. I am not sure you need an auto overflow div box on the left. The scrollbar for it makes it look like it is a frames site... which is not encouraged these days.

Keep at it and think about layout a little more. How will a user read each page? Any call to action you want them to take? Does the picture on the right always have to be on the right? Can you improve the font? Think about all these things.

Rating out of 10... I give it a 6. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: survivalist website

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

thank you very much for the input. i will implement more spacing to give the text more breathing room. also i wanted a very symmetrical layout so that's why i wanted the bar on the left. also i gave it an auto scroll because i wanted to limit how far down the viewer has to scroll to see the main content. so i put the updates within the auto scroll so users could scroll and see what they wanted to. also i am aware the images dont really look great. these are just images i pulled off google. once i get home i have adobe photo shop so i can make my own images and make them the right sizes for each width/page. but thank you again for the input.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1