7 Replies - 1053 Views - Last Post: 27 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Weird computer glitch, or something to be afraid of?

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Dunno if this is the right forum to post on, but anyways I've had a weird glitch. So I'm designing a game in C++, and essentially everything was going well. I was on msn looking up code when my wifi turned off unexpectedly. No big deal, it happened to my old laptop, even though everything else was connecting normally. I continued coding, but i noticed that after running my game, i saw that the game would run smoothly for ten seconds, pause while the audio turned to static for a second, then resume for ten seconds or so, then again, freeze. I thought it might have something to do with my code, so I ctrl-z some stuff(Although it was only simple stuff I added. So I ran it again, same problem. By now, I was curious, so I turned off wifi and exited out of some of the most comprehensive processes(That I knew weren't important.) I continued, same thing. So I exit out of Code::Blocks and open up minecraft. Same thing happened there, my cpu seemed to pause every ten seconds for two or three seconds, then resume. I even saw the problem occur when i ran windows media player on some small files. Same thing. So I turned my computer off, woke up this morning, brought it to school, and lo and behold, everything was fine. I never had this problem before, so I'm confused whether I should be concerned about it. Ran Code::Blocks and coded for an hour and a half at school, and no problems. Even as I type this, everything seems to be perfectly fine. So,anyone know what could have happened?

Additional Info:
-Computer is two months old.
-6 Gig of Ram
-A6 Processor
-Never had this happen before
-Windows 7
-Static audio and screen would pause for two or three seconds every ten seconds.
-Even opening folders was slow
-Everything is fine now
-Ran TWO antiviruses right after one another, and nothing came up. No threats, etc.(While it was occuring)
-Cleaned registry and other junk with CCleaner to no success(While it was happening)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Weird computer glitch, or something to be afraid of?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Weird computer glitch, or something to be afraid of?

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

What's the event viewer say? control panel -> admin tools -> event viewer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I checked it out, and it said that there was nothing wrong, except an invalid call to RectExHandle thing. I think this has something to do with my coding as I was using RECTs to redefine the window, but the only thing is that the error came up a while before all the weird bugs started happening. Everything else is plain, normal.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Check for blown caps on your video card and mother board.

Are you using a computer or laptop?

Check to male sure than your fans are spinning! They can get clogged and cause over heating.

See if you can find some temperature monitoring software to use. That way we can rule out overheating.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

View Postzehawk, on 12 November 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Additional Info:
-Computer is two months old.

I would call customer service of the manufacturer, &/or the store you purchased it at & check the warranty. If the problem can be replicated, I wouldn't keep it, I'd return it.

If the machine were many years old, then I would agree with calvinthedestroyer, but the thing is practically brand new. You would be better off (imo) returning it than fussing with fixing it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

I second that.. If it's that new then get some milage out of the warranty and services!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Also opening it up might void the warranty, let them deal with it, a new computer shouldn't need to be fixed this early on.
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

That last post was from November 2012. Be aware of necroposting topics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1