3 Replies - 436 Views - Last Post: 13 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Intro

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hey all, my name is Steve; I'm currently in school for a BS in computer science, and I have taken COP1000 and am currently in COP2220(if that means anything to anyone). Honestly, I joined, as I'm sure many have, because I ran into a problem coding an application. Anywho, hopefully I can be a productive member on this forum as my knowledge increases with time.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Intro

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Intro

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

^_^ Hello and welcome to the community.

There are numerous tools at your disposal here and links to other places as well here to help you increase that knowledge you were speaking of.

Also, I have no clue what classes those are. Introductory classes to Computer Science? What languages are you learning for it? What languages do you like/want to learn? :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, the COP1000 taught the basic structure of how code looks in IDEs by starting us off with pseudocode. COP2220 is an intro to pure C programming. Honestly, I have no idea what languages to pursue. My dad programs in COBOL for a financial company, and I learned the basics of BASIC about 10 years ago.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

*cringe* COBOL... eww.

Anyways, just check some various languages out. If you like how C is structured, try out C++. I, myself, like C#.

As for BASIC, I messed with that by getting this little microcontroller thing kinda like the arduino but coded with BASIC. That was for the maybe one month or so I thought I'd try my hand at electronics. Nope. Never. Not for me. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1