2 Replies - 406 Views - Last Post: 15 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello :)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, and I am very new to programming. I am an aspiring video game programmer, and I will be going to school for that soon.(hopefully lol) but until then I will be trying to teach myself a thing or two or learn from others. Any help with this like books to read or videos to watch to help me learn would just be amazing. I've been reserching a bit in my off time from work but I just feel overwhelmed and don't really know where to even start or what actual languages I should be learning to accomplish my goals. So I'm checking out C++ lol. Definitely going to be snooping around the forum to see what I can learn off of it.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello :)

• Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello :)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hello BabaGanoosh

Welcome to DIC :)

I would suggest you go through the various tutorials of this forum and you can certainly learn a lot as these tutorials are very concise and easy to understand.:)

Looking forward to seeing you around in the forum :)

regards,
Raghav
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Nasal Demon
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello :)

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Se my signature for a link to Amit's place, great articles there. ;) There's also a forum here about game development, and you know, gamedev.net has a lot of resources too. You should use them all, but first - you should learn general ideas of programming, and how these ideas work in practice - learn a programming language to the extent of being proficient with it.

There are no shortcuts on the way you're trying to go, so either you'll be patient, or you'll be lost. ;)

Welcome aboard and good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1