2 Replies - 3580 Views - Last Post: 15 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Suggestions on Site

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Ok guys I have a task for you.. This site is what I did for a family business.. It is in pretty bad shape honestly. I am ok with html and css but thats about it. What I really want from you guys is what do I need to pursue and learn to better what I have. The portfolio section especially is my main concern. It is a hassle for me to update that and it's not very easy to get around. I want more of something that I can just add the images and it will update to the top instead of me having to move lines of code from page to page and all that nonsense. It's to the point to where I only use facebook now and am almost the whole year back on images for the website.. Anyway any suggestion and comments will help. Thanks in advance.

TurnerTreeService

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Suggestions on Site

• Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Suggestions on Site

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

First of all, a very well done website and a nice Eco-friendly feel to it :)

Here are some things that I found appealing on your site.

1. The layout is very nicely done and there is nothing that I felt which is out of place.
2. Hyperlinks at the right places when more information is needed.
3. Green color for the text lays a lot of emphasis and looks nice.
4. 'Back to top' aptly provided so that the user can go to the top of the page without scrolling.
5. Hyperlinks on your FAQ questions enabling the user to directly go to the answers without scrolling.
6. Beautiful pictures which give a friendly feel to the website.
7. A Facebook link enabling further information.

In short, a very nice website which is very user-friendly :)

regards,
Raghav
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Suggestions on Site

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thank you.. I need to work on my javascript and get a little more functionality to it. Also what do I need to look into to get my portfolio cleaned up and easier to use. That's my main concern. It's a hassle to upload right now there has to be an easier way. I need something so it automatically changes older images on the first page to the second and so forth once full.. How would I go about doing something like that.. Is Javascript the answer?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1