2 Replies - 612 Views - Last Post: 16 November 2012 - 04:25 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Bacterial Animation Help - VB6

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Hi there, im currently trying to make a biology teaching aid for my class and im just stuck on how to make a bacterial simulation of them dividing as an animation, if anyone could me tips and advice or maybe even give me some psuedocode to start me off it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Bacterial Animation Help - VB6

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Bacterial Animation Help - VB6

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Why not just do the animation outside the app (say in photoshop or any other numerous free animation studios).. save the gif.. and embed the gif in the app?
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Bacterial Animation Help - VB6

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

other then what modi suggested i can suggest you use XNA for animation or create an interactive environment. that of course depends on how much time you have and do you have the will to start using XNA. I have created few tutorials on using XNA with VB.NET that may get you started. there is another way as well create pics of all your frames that you want to show for your animation. then update the picture box in timer_tick event with the next picture. creating a gif though will be easier but if you use picture box with several pictures you can pause trough the frames.

good luck
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1