2 Replies - 614 Views - Last Post: 19 November 2012 - 08:54 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Webservices

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hey coders. I have been assigned a task in a group of friends to create a web service that will display data from a table in sql server.
The table is called HotelInformation. So I need to display the information to this webservice when a user selects a value from a dropdown list. A picture needs to be displayed with it and a it needs to be formatted into a color scheme.

Example:
If a user selects New York from a dropdown list,
My web service needs to check the table HotelInformation and then display all fields,
The details needs to be displayed with the picture of the hotel that is stored on my harddrive.

As I have no experience in creating such a high end web service can I please be assisted
"High end"- the only web service i created was the hello world tutorial, lol, Please don't laugh.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Webservices

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Webservices

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

If database is involved, then you will need some way to interact with it. Are you familiar with Entity Framework?
If not, start learning it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Webservices

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

thanks for the advice. Im using the .net framework 1.1 and i havent managed to find anything. Can we use an xml instead?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1