2 Replies - 1455 Views - Last Post: 20 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

dynamic load text

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi all, ok i don't know where to start for what i want to do. So say i click a button on one html 5 page depending on what button i click i would like to load different text to the page i navigate too. How can i do this please tell me what i should research thanks.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: dynamic load text

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: dynamic load text

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hi m_wylie85,

A quick idea that came to my mind is to use java-script to capture the button's click event and based on the buttons id or name send a query string to the next page. On the next page read the incoming Query string and based on that load the appropriate text or object that you require.

You can also wrap each button in a different form tag and each from will post to a different page with different text. Or use the form tag again but with the above concept of sending a post value to the next page and based on that post value load your text.

hope this helps in some way...
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: dynamic load text

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

HI cdpace that has helped a lot. I have never wrote in java-script before for someone new to it would "send a query string to the next page" be hard? also do you know of any good example on how to do it?.

Thanks Michael
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1