13 Replies - 686 Views - Last Post: 26 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

#1 raghav.naganathan  Icon User is offline

  • Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

Reputation: 408
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,440
  • Joined: 14-September 12

Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hello all,

I would like to know what are your most favorite apps on your Android phone. They may be names of games, applications which help you in everyday life, something you use just for communication...so on and so forth.

Well, my personal favorite is Happy Bay. This app is my favorite as I get to play the games of the 90's on my smartphone.
From games like Contra, Super Mario, you name it...it is there.It gives a nice feeling of walking down the memory lane :)

Well, that's about it from me. Now its your turn to say which is your favorite Android app. :)

regards,
Raghav

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Favorite Android apps :)

#2 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4485
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,398
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

calendar
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#3 Crunch  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 139
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,222
  • Joined: 28-July 09

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

well i am not much of a app junkie. But i most often use my phone to play mp3's. Which as a result makes musiXmatch my favorite app. :bananaman:
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#4 creativecoding  Icon User is offline

  • Hash != Encryption
  • member icon


Reputation: 926
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,204
  • Joined: 19-January 10

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

These are the first apps I download on a new phone

Soundcloud, Spotify, and Pandora are a MUST.

Tapatalk for DreamInCode - Disable the signature though ;)

Wells Fargo, Paypal

Gmail

Github

Prey - A phone recovery tool for if your phone is ever lost/stolen

Facebook, Reddit
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 raghav.naganathan  Icon User is offline

  • Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

Reputation: 408
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,440
  • Joined: 14-September 12

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 22 November 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

calendar


Of course...but then is that your most favorite?

View PostCrunch, on 23 November 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

well i am not much of a app junkie. But i most often use my phone to play mp3's. Which as a result makes musiXmatch my favorite app. :bananaman:/>


Wow...interesting...haven't heard of that app before :)

View Postcreativecoding, on 23 November 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

These are the first apps I download on a new phone

Soundcloud, Spotify, and Pandora are a MUST.

Tapatalk for DreamInCode - Disable the signature though ;)/>

Wells Fargo, Paypal

Gmail

Github

Prey - A phone recovery tool for if your phone is ever lost/stolen

Facebook, Reddit


Wow...that is quite a list you got there dude :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Tayacan  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 145
  • View blog
  • Posts: 275
  • Joined: 18-January 11

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Calendar, Facebook and Gmail are probably the ones I use the most. Astro File Manager is useful. ezPDF Reader is a really nice PDF reader.

As for games, I rarely play any Android game for more than a few weeks. I currently have Cogs, Cut the Rope, Flow Free, Subway Surfers and Wisp on installed.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#7 raghav.naganathan  Icon User is offline

  • Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

Reputation: 408
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,440
  • Joined: 14-September 12

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostTayacan, on 23 November 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Calendar, Facebook and Gmail are probably the ones I use the most. Astro File Manager is useful. ezPDF Reader is a really nice PDF reader.

As for games, I rarely play any Android game for more than a few weeks. I currently have Cogs, Cut the Rope, Flow Free, Subway Surfers and Wisp on installed.


Well, I see that Calendar seems to be on everyone's list...and yes, ezPDF is a good app indeed :)

On the game front, you do have some nice games on your list...well...what about angry birds...I don't see anyone mentioning it at all??? ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 IJET  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 93
  • View blog
  • Posts: 121
  • Joined: 14-October 12

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

1. Alarm
2. RealCalc
3. Notepad
4. Gmail
5. Navigation(life safer)
6. OfficeSuite

Games

1. NBA Jam
2. Monopoly
3. Paper Toss
4. Chess
5. Unblock me(very fun game)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#9 raghav.naganathan  Icon User is offline

  • Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

Reputation: 408
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,440
  • Joined: 14-September 12

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostIJET, on 24 November 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

1. Alarm
2. RealCalc
3. Notepad
4. Gmail
5. Navigation(life safer)
6. OfficeSuite

Games

1. NBA Jam
2. Monopoly
3. Paper Toss
4. Chess
5. Unblock me(very fun game)


RealCalc...yeah...I just love it...so much better than the inbuilt one...:)

Nice games you have on that list...:)
Paper toss is surely very addicting indeed :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Crunch  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 139
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,222
  • Joined: 28-July 09

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I use the equalizer app regularly to complement the mp3 app. It improves the overall sound of the phone which i find it tremendously useful. Even though i use the free version i am satisfied with the sound quality. However if you are a audio enthusiastic then you should go for the paid one because it comes with more equalizer sliders so that you can have more control over the sound.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 gabehabe  Icon User is offline

  • GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon




Reputation: 1377
  • View blog
  • Posts: 10,951
  • Joined: 06-February 08

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

WidgetLocker
Widgetsoid
Kindle
Comixology
Mango (manga reader)
Netflix
Spotify
Chrome
imo messenger
Scope
Go SMS
Rail Planner
Endomondo
FPse and everything by yongzh (emulator developer)
Zedge

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 24 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 ishkabible  Icon User is offline

  • spelling expret
  • member icon




Reputation: 1622
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,709
  • Joined: 03-August 09

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

xkcd viewer
pandora
gameboy emulators
a chess program
a notepad program
google maps
google places
restarurant finder
file manager
calendar
google drive
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 gabehabe  Icon User is offline

  • GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon




Reputation: 1377
  • View blog
  • Posts: 10,951
  • Joined: 06-February 08

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Also this. https://play.google....s?id=nextapp.fx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 raghav.naganathan  Icon User is offline

  • Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

Reputation: 408
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,440
  • Joined: 14-September 12

Re: Favorite Android apps :)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostCrunch, on 24 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I use the equalizer app regularly to complement the mp3 app. It improves the overall sound of the phone which i find it tremendously useful. Even though i use the free version i am satisfied with the sound quality. However if you are a audio enthusiastic then you should go for the paid one because it comes with more equalizer sliders so that you can have more control over the sound.


Well I am not so much of a music enthusiast...but that sure sounds like an interesting app :)

View Postgabehabe, on 25 November 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

WidgetLocker
Widgetsoid
Kindle
Comixology
Mango (manga reader)
Netflix
Spotify
Chrome
imo messenger
Scope
Go SMS
Rail Planner
Endomondo
FPse and everything by yongzh (emulator developer)
Zedge


Well, to tell you the truth...I only knew 4 on that list :P

View Postishkabible, on 25 November 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

xkcd viewer
pandora
gameboy emulators
a chess program
a notepad program
google maps
google places
restarurant finder
file manager
calendar
google drive


likewise here too :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1