4 Replies - 1258 Views - Last Post: 22 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help for the begineer?!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi there. I working few years on programing desktop applications through vb.net.Now,I have exigency to start with learning of web development,so I need to know which language is:
1.easiest to learning
2.represented in most popular sites in the world
3.useful

I need some reasoned response from you.
Thanks in advance.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help for the begineer?!

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help for the begineer?!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hey.

I'm going to assume you are talking about server-side languages here and go from there. If you are talking about client side languages, your choices are pretty much limited to one language: Javascript. (With HTML and CSS to define the structure and appearance, of course.)

• Depends on your existing knowledge. For absolute beginners, PHP tends to be easiest. There are also very simple Python web development frameworks that wouldn't be hard on beginners. But given that you have prior experience in VB.NET, I would suggest ASP.NET. You can actually use VB.NET when programming ASP.NET powered websites. (ASP.NET is the web-development part of the .NET framework.)

• PHP is the most popular server-side language, followed by ASP.NET.

• All the popular server-side languages can perform pretty much any action you require of it. The methods may vary, but I doubt you will find anything that one of them can do that the others can't replicate.

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Which is a difference between server-side languages and client side languages? :blink:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Server-side languages are executed on the server. Client-side language execute on the client.

Simply put, when your browser opens a website, it sends a request to the server for a specific page. The server takes that request, figures out what file the browser wants, reads the contents of the file, and then sends that content to the browser. Then the browser shows the content (HTML and CSS, usually) to the user.

If the page you request is for a file written in a server-side language, like PHP or ASP.NET, the server will not just read the contents of the file and return that to the browser. Instead it will take the page and execute the code, and then return whatever content the code generates to the browser.

Once on the browser, you can use a client-side language like Javascript to manipulate the page. For example, you could use Javascript to detect when a button on the page is pressed, and make some modifications to the page as a result.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Thank you my friend.Probably I will start with ASP.NET on your suggestion of my previously expirience in VB.NET.If my web development skills going up I will start with learning of PHP.

Thanks again.
:bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1