2 Replies - 699 Views - Last Post: 02 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Call application project (for emergency teams)

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hi,

I'm new with posts on this forum after few months reading of all you.
I have a questions about application for emergency calling and I'm interested if anybody have some experience with applications like this?

I'm studying Informatics in field of software and I'm one of emergency rescuers in Croatia mountain rescue association. I want to start this project because I have some predispositions with my college and one more reason is all the time we have problems with calling peoples and gathering all of rescuers when something is wrong. I also read some threats on web and I found few interesting applications which could be some paths for me.

This application should has automated calling for group of people from some file or database. Important thing is calling until you don't answer,then you hear voice message about emergency event and then you have 3 (or more) options, like: "For accepting this call and coming to rescue event press 1, for cancel your coming press 2 and for listen again press 3". When somebody answer I need to get his answer and automatically save that in my database. I should also have some table where is his name and surname, phone number, answer and time of answering.

That's my short perception of application which could save so many time in emergency situations and make them easier and faster. So my last question and the main reason why I started this topic is what do you all think about everything written above? Do you have some advice from where can I start, how to start or your opinion what to make application different and better because I believe you have much more experience than I have.

P.S. This would be mine first bigger project and I'm not here to wait and pray you to code it for me because forums are not place to do that, I want to create it by my own and I know that I would have problems with project so I sincerely hope you'll participate in topic. Thank you all!!

Toni

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Call application project (for emergency teams)

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Call application project (for emergency teams)

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

You will need an IVR Platform of some
Description. Probably Asterisk at astrerisk.org

Then you will need a sound library something
like irrKlang would do.

It will be a lot of work and it will take months
to program.

But Good Luck anyway

Snoopy.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Call application project (for emergency teams)

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

This is indeed a complex project. I'm currently working on something similar, and as snoopy says, it's taking months. I would suggest that you start by having a look at existing call for service (CFS) software, to get ideas about what you would like it to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1