2 Replies - 669 Views - Last Post: 02 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to Create a Programming Profolio

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hey everyone, I have a question about how to make a programming Profolio for Future Jobs, I am a college student who is a student working to be a Game Writer and Developer. I am currently Creating a game, Although the basics of software comes first. I want to make a Programming Profiolo, I also do Web Development too. I just need some suggestions since Programming can't really be presented in a fancy way, expect through application or demos, not by looking at code, Because every programmer is different like artist. I have Knowledge of C#, C++, HTML,CSS. I jsut want to know where to get started have a aresnal of presentable work before I get futher ahead of my life goals.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: How to Create a Programming Profolio

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to Create a Programming Profolio

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Screen shots.
Screen video capture.

Snagit and Camtasia are both excellent tools for capturing skills and video from your PC.

So draw up a storyboard of what you want to show off about your program, rehearse it a few times, then record it. Show people what you've created and tell them why it is special.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to Create a Programming Profolio

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

The first thing I would do is begin calling it a "portfolio" as everyone who is likely to hire you does. :) Then I would suggest that you create your own website and begin adding applications to it. I would also suggest that you look at professional websites that are marketing suites of software to get an idea of what works well and what doesn't. You can then simply reference your website if you want to show your work.

This post has been edited by BobRodes: 02 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1