I'm using an MS Access database and use vb.net in an asp.net website. It works ok on the localhost. It was deployed to a test hosting site where it worked ok. Now, when it was deployed on the main hosting there is a problem. When entries are being made (only 1-3 users at a time), periodically it stops working. meaning,
1. if one is trying to login, it would not be successful & no errors would be displayed. Only the login page will be displayed again with the userName textbox filled with the entry made by the user & password textbox empty. ( i hv put in code to trap errors like wrong username/pw etc)
2. if one is in the middle of an entry - like say starting a new entry after making a few - the combo boxes will become empty of all data which they should be displaying. Pl. remember that they worked fine of many entries just before this.
3. if one was querying data, like getting logs of no. of entries (& other info) between different date ranges, it will work fine for many attempts and then suddenly stop displaying the data.
If we wait for some time, everything resumes normally.
Is this an MS Access issue. Does it crash if multiple queries are made to it in quick succession. (each entry makes multiple queries to the database during its lifecycle).
or is it an issue with the hosting site. (their help is non-existent)
Am i right in assuming that
1. all connections should be closed using
is there any reason NOT to do so.
2. the above problem looks suspiciously like connections left open.
any thought would be welcome.