2 Replies - 1461 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2012 - 11:21 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Google Chrome download

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

This isn't really a coding question but oh well...

Every time I make a VB.NET Application and publish it online with dropbox. My Google Chrome users warn me that Google Chrome says it is a virus. I tested it and even with a simple "Hello World" application, Google Chrome gives the following message: "Example.exe isn't downloaded a lot and could be dangerous." is there a user-friendly solution for this?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Google Chrome download

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Google Chrome download

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

It's an executable.. that's a default behavior when dealing with unsigned and random chunks of code you can run. Simple solution? Turn off the warning in Chrome. The more complex - go through the process of getting a certificate and signing your apps.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Google Chrome download

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

If you at a company, your SA may get pissed off if you turn off the security on your browser, assuming you can turn it off.

If you are putting it on dropbox, just to move it around, change the extension from .exe to .ex_ or something like that. When you need to use it, change it back.

You may also be able to use a compression utility to put the file into a zip or rar file. However Crome may still throw a warning, you'll have to try it to be sure.

It sounds like you are adding the file from the Dropbox web interface, if you add an exe file from the dropbox client, I do not think you will get the error. ( At least I did not on the couple of tests files I just tried.

Chris AKA Clectable
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1