1 Replies - 325 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2012 - 10:35 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hi Guys, New to VB 8 and Databases, I need help!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I have spent an hour or so looking through the website and like what I see so far. Great work.

Most of my professional history is as a Systems Admin ( mostly as a hardware guy), but I recently stepped into a Data Admin role where I need to learn VB 8.

I'll be doing a lot of code where I create schedules for techs (IE i have a Tech and need to assign a work schedule for Monday, then Tuesday ect.) The Databases would have a table for the techs, then a table(s) with the work orders and I need to be able to bring them together.

I have taken a couple of online coursed revolving around generic VB coding, but am running into issues when I try to pull data from the DB, and then put it back into the DB. (once I have the data I can seem to be able toss it around alright)

Have any ideas on tutorials, or courses that can help push me in the right direction?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Chris

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hi Guys, New to VB 8 and Databases, I need help!

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hi Guys, New to VB 8 and Databases, I need help!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Moving to VB.NET.

We have plenty of VB tutorials (at the top of the page in the tutorial section) - including ones on how to work with a database.

OleDb Basics in VB.Net

A Really Simple Database Create a Database using Access & VB.net Express 2008
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1