2 Replies - 315 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2012 - 02:11 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Trying to pass variables from one computer to another

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

I have two separate applications running on two networked computers. The application on the first computer simply gathers information in a series of text boxes. The second application on the second computer takes the same information and processes it in different ways. What I am looking for is a way to send the variables from the first application to the second application as it is entered. I have searched for days on google with no luck as to how to do this. I have only been able to find examples of passing variables on the same computer or sending chat messages. I am an intermediate vb programmer and have been able to figure most things out for myself so far, either by studying example code or just experimenting on my own, but this is one problem I am unable to solve on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Trying to pass variables from one computer to another

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Trying to pass variables from one computer to another

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like you need a good Peer to Peer Tutorial

I've never done it, but I've been told this tutorial is good.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Trying to pass variables from one computer to another

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Excellent!!! Thank you very much....that was exactly what I was looking for. I can learn so much just from that one tutorial!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1