Your Nerderrific Idols

  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »

163 Replies - 7013 Views - Last Post: 20 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

#16 ishkabible  Icon User is offline

  • spelling expret
  • member icon




Reputation: 1622
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,709
  • Joined: 03-August 09

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

View Postgabehabe, on 27 November 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Sorry I've been absent in the lounge as of late

Posts:54
Joined:18-June 12


MISSED YOU


To post in the caffeine lounge one must posses extremely thick skin. Your insults- they do nothing.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 Zero Cool  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 26
  • View blog
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 18-June 12

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postdepricated, on 27 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Kevin Mitnick, Lawrence Krauss, and Dade Murphy


Lawrence Krauss. Another awesome one. Plus he's still alive and writing.

And me. How thoughtful!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 creativecoding  Icon User is offline

  • Hash != Encryption
  • member icon


Reputation: 926
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,205
  • Joined: 19-January 10

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

They were apart of the weekly DIC video podcast. Watchers got one of them, contributers got another. I'm not sure which is which though. Google it.


I actually look up to a bunch of developers on these boards. Be it friends or skilled individuals, they all have much to teach me and I find it awesome that they choose to donate their own time towards helping others.

I also respect good moms. I think it's often overlooked what moms do for their kids and for the most part, their kids don't realize it until later on in life. Good moms practically give everything to help their kids be successful, and for that they deserve the utmost respect.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#19 Zero Cool  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 26
  • View blog
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 18-June 12

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 27 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

I heard she keeps winning Movember on D.I.C.

Damn skippy.

Spoiler


Bazinga!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#20 BenignDesign  Icon User is offline

  • holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon




Reputation: 6132
  • View blog
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 28-September 07

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Your insults- they do nothing.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#21 Zero Cool  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 26
  • View blog
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 18-June 12

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postishkabible, on 27 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

View Postgabehabe, on 27 November 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Sorry I've been absent in the lounge as of late

Posts:54
Joined:18-June 12


MISSED YOU


To post in the caffeine lounge one must posses extremely thick skin. Your insults- they do nothing.

Posted Image


Really.

View PostBenignDesign, on 27 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Your insults- they do nothing.

Posted Image


Thread hi-jacked to smite relative new-comer. Here we go again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#22 BenignDesign  Icon User is offline

  • holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon




Reputation: 6132
  • View blog
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 28-September 07

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Dude, you're the one who started your own welcome back announcement thread.

We haven't destroyed an innocent soul here for quite a while. The time is nigh.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#23 AthenaDX  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular

Reputation: 101
  • View blog
  • Posts: 307
  • Joined: 26-October 12

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostAthenaDX, on 27 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

I do adore Tesla and his work and wish for wireless electricity to be the norm. :)/>/> I look up to people who strive against the norm and do what they want to do and not what society thinks they should do. Cause honestly, I don't look good in an apron with a spatula. ^_^/>/>

Also, I am not being cheesy about this, so quit reading here if you're allergic to cheesy, but I used to look up to my boyfriend back before he became my boyfriend. ://>/> He's so much better than me at technical stuff. I strive to be up to his level so we can discuss topics in an intellectual way. Honestly, if I wasn't trying to impress him back in high school I probably never would have gotten into coding. /end cheesy


Tesla is another awesome one. Did you ever read The Oatmeal's write-up/comic on Tesla? So. Awesome.

Yup, and I've checked out a couple of documentaries from the library about him. It's crazy the amount of things he's invented and how little he's taught about in school, or at least when I was in school.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#24 Zero Cool  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 26
  • View blog
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 18-June 12

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 27 November 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Dude, you're the one who started your own welcome back announcement thread.

We haven't destroyed an innocent soul here for quite a while. The time is nigh.


I'd rather it be me than some poor little 13 year old kid who would let it ruin his whole day.

Let the meme pictures and witty banter ensue.

I'm just saying, for a month there I was a top 5 Reputation earner...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#25 ishkabible  Icon User is offline

  • spelling expret
  • member icon




Reputation: 1622
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,709
  • Joined: 03-August 09

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

zerocool is my idol, hez super 1337 hAx0rz

Quote

I'm just saying, for a month there I was a top 5 Reputation earner...

lulz no, you don't have enough rep to even get in the top 20 for a month.

despite this still NO ONE CARES ABOUT REP

This post has been edited by ishkabible: 27 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#26 no2pencil  Icon User is offline

  • Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

Reputation: 5355
  • View blog
  • Posts: 27,314
  • Joined: 10-May 07

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm just saying, for a month there I was a top 5 Reputation earner...

How did we go on without you?!
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#27 Zero Cool  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 26
  • View blog
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 18-June 12

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostAthenaDX, on 27 November 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostAthenaDX, on 27 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

I do adore Tesla and his work and wish for wireless electricity to be the norm. :)/>/>/> I look up to people who strive against the norm and do what they want to do and not what society thinks they should do. Cause honestly, I don't look good in an apron with a spatula. ^_^/>/>/>

Also, I am not being cheesy about this, so quit reading here if you're allergic to cheesy, but I used to look up to my boyfriend back before he became my boyfriend. ://>/>/> He's so much better than me at technical stuff. I strive to be up to his level so we can discuss topics in an intellectual way. Honestly, if I wasn't trying to impress him back in high school I probably never would have gotten into coding. /end cheesy


Tesla is another awesome one. Did you ever read The Oatmeal's write-up/comic on Tesla? So. Awesome.

Yup, and I've checked out a couple of documentaries from the library about him. It's crazy the amount of things he's invented and how little he's taught about in school, or at least when I was in school.


Yeah, I think I discovered him independent of school as well. How sad.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#28 BenignDesign  Icon User is offline

  • holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon




Reputation: 6132
  • View blog
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 28-September 07

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm just saying, for a month there I was a top 5 Reputation earner...


Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#29 Zero Cool  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 26
  • View blog
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 18-June 12

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 27 November 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm just saying, for a month there I was a top 5 Reputation earner...

How did we go on without you?!


Honestly, I guess I'll never know.

View PostBenignDesign, on 27 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm just saying, for a month there I was a top 5 Reputation earner...


Posted Image


Alrighty, I'm done p*ssing off all the board vets who probably wouldn't help me if I paid them now.

I humbly bow down in fear of needing your guidance sometime in the future and having you recall how much of a douchehat I was in a thread about geeky idols.

View Postishkabible, on 27 November 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

zerocool is my idol, hez super 1337 hAx0rz

Quote

I'm just saying, for a month there I was a top 5 Reputation earner...

lulz no, you don't have enough rep to even get in the top 20 for a month.

despite this still NO ONE CARES ABOUT REP


Must've been a slow month.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#30 BenignDesign  Icon User is offline

  • holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon




Reputation: 6132
  • View blog
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 28-September 07

Re: Your Nerderrific Idols

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostZero Cool, on 27 November 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Alrighty, I'm done p*ssing off all the board vets who probably wouldn't help me if I paid them now.

Oh, please. Put on your big girl thongs and grow a pair.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »