2 Replies - 339 Views - Last Post: 28 November 2012 - 03:05 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Few questions about publishing applications

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Hi, I am working on project and I have a few problems to solve :

1) I would like to publish project as ZIP file which includes .NET framework, so I just have to extract it to end user computer and run it.

2) If I have to install application, I would like to hide it from Start Menu items (All Programs)

3) When application is running i need to hide it from taskbar and make it "invisible" to user.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Few questions about publishing applications

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Few questions about publishing applications

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

For the solution of your second problem you can change the property of your project forms as

ShowInTaskbar=Fales.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Few questions about publishing applications

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

1) I would like to publish project as ZIP file which includes .NET framework, so I just have to extract it to end user computer and run it.

You should look into the option of including the prerequisites with your application. Under your project's properties, Publish Tab, click on Prerequisites and select "Download prerequisites from the same location as my application" for it to be prepackaged with all that stuff. It will, of course, make your download much larger.

2) If I have to install application, I would like to hide it from Start Menu items (All Programs)

You should look into adding a setup and deployment project to your solution.

3) When application is running i need to hide it from taskbar and make it "invisible" to user.

The previous post answers this question.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1