Creating a text file and arrays

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 581 Views - Last Post: 29 November 2012 - 09:17 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating a text file and arrays

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

solved

This post has been edited by Gjobsin: 28 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating a text file and arrays

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Creating a text file and arrays

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Null reference is the first error I cover in this article
What does this error message mean?

From my FAQ page:

Q: I do x and y happens which I didn't expect but I don't know how to figure out why. How do I debug and find my problem?
A:

My first thought is that outputanswers(intcount) is null - doesn't yet have a value assigned to it. Possibly outputanswers is null. Or you didn't create a large enough array. AFter all for some reason you are skipping the zero-th element so if you only defined it as 6 long (0-5) and you are using index+1 you never assign to 0 and runout of room

My first thought is that outputanswers(intcount) is null - doesn't yet have a value assigned to it. Possibly outputanswers is null. Or you didn't create a large enough array. AFter all for some reason you are skipping the zero-th element so if you only defined it as 6 long (0-5) and you are using index+1 you never assign to 0 and runout of room

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 28 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Gjobsin, why remove your original post?

Why not put your solution in a new post on this thread so that others with similar problems can reference it?

It just makes this post useless now, as the original question/issue isn't there and tlhIn`toq's reply relates to nothing.

Not having a go at you, but in future, please leave your original posts as they are (unless asked by a mod to change it), it just means others can learn from it. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

maj3091 I couldn't agree with you more.

Gjobsin You've been here since 2009 - Why would you do that? I'm not sure if you thought your fellow students were going to come here and cheat off your paper or what. I so so very disappointed. I think you are missing the concept of The Coding Community. You came here to learn and grow. People took time and interest in your issue and in helping you learn. Then you take that away from the next guy in your same situation.

This site wouldn't even exist if everyone felt like that. What would *YOU* have done if I and other senior coders acted like this? Nobody likes to waste their time and feel used. And that's what I feel.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Bad form indeed. Gjobsin - should know better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1