3 Replies - 474 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to make a window in CSS that will display information from a DB

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

I've hit a bit of a snag with a project that I'm working on for a friend, the idea is that a table of data will be displayed and some of the information pulled from the database will make a hyperlink, the problem being that the client wants it so that when the user clicks on the hyper-link it opens a window without changing page or actually opening a new window, I'm thinking that I'll have to use CSS and try something with the z-index to solve it but I'm quite unfamiliar with CSS and the person who is supposed to be more skilled with the front end side of things seems even less so than me.

The information is a list of events and the idea is that the user will click on the name of the event which will open a window in CSS which will become the primary focus which will then display all the detailed information about the event.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions they could give to help solve this? Just a point in the right direction would be deeply appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lee.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to make a window in CSS that will display information from a DB

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make a window in CSS that will display information from a DB

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Moved to the HTML/CSS help forum. Please try not to post questions in the Tutorials sections.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

do you mean something like a lightbox?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

View PostAtli, on 29 November 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Moved to the HTML/CSS help forum. Please try not to post questions in the Tutorials sections.

Sorry, I was looking for a tutorial that could help me learn how to accomplish something like I described in one tab and another searching around in the HMTML/CSS forums. *facepalm*

Thanks for the tip about lightbox, I looked up shadow box but because I'm doing it for a friends company and since I'm doing it for free it just wouldn't be worth it.

If I can I'll use lightbox to display the main background image and CSS to position the pulled data appropriately. (Hopefully that'll work) :)

Thanks again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1