• (2 Pages)
  • +

23 Replies - 1795 Views - Last Post: 12 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: When Dad's a Dick (but not a DIC)

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

It sounds like the fathers' problem isn't with the kids' failures, but rather how they've handled them (I'm basing this off of modi's interpretation of the back story because I'm too lazy to read it). The fact that the email went viral is, for me, proof of the what the problem really is. The kids are whiny little brats who, for some reason, thought that life was supposed to be easy. When they're in their teens, you can generally blame the parents. Some kids are just emotional nightmares, and there's not much you can do to battle that, but for the most part I'd blame the parents at that age. The fact that all three of them seem to suck points to the parenting, perhaps with genetics thrown in. But these fuckers are in their 30's! Jesus Christ, stop calling your mommy and whining about where your life choices have landed you! His response was piss-poor, because he only makes himself look like a shitty father, and he could well have been, but they're freaking adults now. There comes a point in life where you can't whine about your problems because you're old enough to fix them: I don't know where that line is (for me, it was 20, and I enlisted to square that shit away), but I'm pretty damned sure that it's before the age of 35.

This post has been edited by h4nnib4l: 30 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

I call my mother and talk about problems. I also call her to talk about triumphs. Sometimes I call her to talk about nothing. Sometimes, when the world falls apart, I just want my mommy.

My grandmother passed away 16 years ago. Mom will be the first one to tell you that not a day goes by she doesn't wish she could pick up the phone and talk to her.

Maybe these kids were dumping too much too often, but I see nothing wrong with bending your mother's (or father's) ear for moral support from time to time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Maybe these kids were dumping too much too often, but I see nothing wrong with bending your mother's (or father's) ear for moral support from time to time.

Certainly there's nothing wrong with bending ear here and there, but it sounded like this was every damn phone call. Again - Debbie Downer 24/7 on the phone.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'll side with dad in that his email seems justified. Perhaps though, he's being a bit unsupportive by choosing to not speak to his children; I don't think that is the right action to take. If his kids were happy doing what they were doing I would say the dad should fuck off but they seem to be complaining about their own choices constantly.

If you get an Ivy league eduction and decide to go deliver pizzas and your happy with it then that's fine. If you complain about how fucked up the world is becuase you chose to become a pizza delivery boy then that's not fine.

This post has been edited by ishkabible: 30 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I understand that, B9, and honestly I'd probably flip shit on my daughter if she didn't call my wife at least weekly when she grows up and moves out. I can't empathize with the desire to call my parents to share anything, good or bad, because I'm not even remotely close to them. Some people are, and do, and that's cool, but there comes a point when "kids" have to realize that if they don't ever have anything but whining and failures to share, then they either need to stop calling, make some shit up, or talk about something else.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Nasal Demon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

@B9 - and the joke.
At least it didn't suffer, too dumb to know it died. Oh well.

There's a fine line between a pervert and a whore. Like, I'm one, but not the other. (There, in an unfathomable display of platonic love I'll let you choose which is it).

Spoiler

edit:
@h4nnib4l well, you do have a point. Then again, it doesn't make nobody look good.

This post has been edited by Xupicor: 01 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

First, I'm surprised how many people here who have dealt with importing modules or using namespaces can't deal with linguistic jokes. think in terms of naming/table/hash collisions and it's easier.

Second, I hope I never turn into a prick like this. I love my kids, but I have no intention of letting them be mediocre, and the response from the daughter- about no drugs, not burdening the state, and not asking for money- is the absolute lowest level of my hopes for their lives.

This post has been edited by Choscura: 01 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#23 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostXupicor, on 30 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

There's a fine line between a pervert and a whore.

It's a pretty obvious line if you ask me... Whores charge. Perverts do it for fun.

That's why I'm a pervert. i couldn't find anyone willing to give me money for sex :(
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

i think some people forget that in this world , some parents just abandon there kids from the get go, in some countries ( hell in some states in the us) some kids get sold. 0-0, . My opinion , you are 30, your alive , you are some what healthy :wheelchair: you are free, .. .SHUT the F up and be glad your mom wasn't a crack head . damn some of those kids have collage educations , my parents gave up on my academic career when i was 14, ..

by the way I love the copulation driven cock ups , I have to find a way to work that into a convo . :dozingoff:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +