2 Replies - 197 Views - Last Post: 02 December 2012 - 08:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Array of Object ideas

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hi all,

I am a teacher teaching java for the first time in a few years. Does anyone have any very basic program ideas for Array of Objects. I'm stuck! Keep it brief, just looking for ideas I can make everything else from there. Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Array of Object ideas

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Array of Object ideas

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

If you want problems similar to those seen here over and over and over again:

Inventory (parts, video, CD, specialty shop)
College student (course, schedule)
Seating reservation (airplane, theater, stadium, etc.)
Financial (bank, savings account, checking account, ATM)

They are truly done to death and there are numerous variations and examples available here on DIC of these kind of projects.

As you progress from main() method programs to more OOP designs involving classes, inheritance, etc., I would think there could be an almost natural course to follow that builds on the previous material.

Also, I hope your course of instruction will provide the students with a good understanding of arrays before they are asked to use arrays of objects. Some are baffled enough by arrays and only scratch the surface of what can be done with them.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Array of Object ideas

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Perfect, I hit a mental roadblock and couldn't think of different types of storage programs for it. We have progressed very well so far and am looking forward to our next units.

This topic will be at the end of the 3-4 week array unit, hopefully they understand it by then! Most of the students who will not be able to progress to this point have dropped the class by now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1