3 Replies - 748 Views - Last Post: 04 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Recover photos viewed off memory card

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I inserted my SD camera memory card into my computer. In the window that appeared I clicked 'View Photos' (Or something to that effect) but I did not click save or import. I then removed the card and put it back in my camera, but the photos are no longer on the card. I definitely did not click anything to do with deleting photos on the computer.

Is there any way I can recover them?

:boat:/>

This post has been edited by JizzaDaMan: 02 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Recover photos viewed off memory card

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Recover photos viewed off memory card

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

There's a hundred different things that could have happened.
You may have software that came with your camera that automatically moves photos to a given directory. I think Picasa and a few others do that as well.

You didn't say whether or not you nicely ejected the card before yanking it out - so they could be corrupt.

Did you actually look at all the directories on the card? Some cameras make new directories every 1000 photos because they number up to 999.

Bring the card to a camera shop or a computer shop and ask them to see what they see and can recover: They've probably seen other people in the same situation.

Maybe they were tagged as viewed so your viewer application doesn't show them again. What do you actually see in Windows Explorer?

I'd set the card aside and use a new one until you can run an un-delete application in it.

Personally, I rarely pull the cards from the camera - I just connect via USB - Though I don't know if that would have made a difference in this case.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm pretty sure i ejected it properly, I'm certainly in the habit of it. Well I'll see what what software I can find. Thanks :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Dic Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

If you can put the sd card into a card reader (other than your camera) & assign it a drive letter (Windows) or mount the volume (Linux) you can try running TestDisk to recover the partition, or the files.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1