• +

Replies To: PSD Daily is alive

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PSD Daily is alive

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Not bad.. not bad at all. I dig the responsive design on the resize..

Personally I would have liked liked to have some sort of blurb about what this site is without having to dig into the 'about'.

While the orange popup information is okay a bit more description on the project (without needing to click and open it up) would be nice.

You may want to work on keeping the tiles the same size and when I make the site go 'full screen' the tiles just don't get bigger but add more columns.

No copyright footer? Odd.

I am unclear if this is just a "show what you've done" sort of submissions, a tutorial/learning, or some sort of free usable resources...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hmm. I'd be able to give some feedback, but it's just a copy of a wordpress theme.

Right here

Personally I think that theme is more geared towards portfolios of designers/photographers, but in some ways I guess it could work for what you are trying to achieve.

Maybe have some kind of archiving where you can go back a day or two and find previous resources that were on the website or at least categorize them since I have no clue what I am clicking on other than guessing by what the picture is. Even hovering over the items don't offer me much of a preview..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Tired.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

The one thing that I think you need to change, is that the heights should be capped. For example the Shadow Megapack should not be that tall.

The only other thing I have to ask, is are you downloading these from other sites and uploading them to your own? If you aren't, you may want to consider allowing users to upload their own.

Look forward to seeing your updates.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

View Postred01, on 02 December 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Site based around quality PSD downloads. Let me know what you think

http://www.psddaily.com/

Thanks

I like it. It reminds me of stumbleupon and pinterest. I don't love the background pattern. I know, it's minimalist, but it looks incomplete. But I like your site a lot and so I'm going to book mark it. Maybe you could add some color, or if not color, box-shadows?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1