3 Replies - 660 Views - Last Post: 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

CSS3

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

how i learn css3. how it is essy process?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: CSS3

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: CSS3

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostAMI_JANINA, on 03 December 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

how i learn css3. how it is essy process?

You start by learning CSS. Do you actually know any CSS yet, and are looking to expand your knowledge to cover the new CSS3 standard; or are you new to CSS altogether?

As for learning CSS3, keep in mind that unlike CSS2.1, and it's predecessors, CSS3 is not a single standard. It is split into several "modules", which are developed separately. Some are mature and ready to be used, while others are still in their early development stages. You can see a (slightly outdated) list of those modules and their statuses here.

View PostGroudon, on 03 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

CSS3 basic div start with this type-
div{transform:rotate39x;}
div.#Div2{background-color;#00FFFF; color:white;}

No, they do not.

The first line uses an invalid CSS3 transformation style: rotate39x. It should be more like: rotate(39deg).

The second line has two syntax errors, and everything you try to do there is covered by the CSS2 standard.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

You could have a look at this but if you dont have CSS skills aready your best learning that first - if not then look at this;

CSS3
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Postj4v3d, on 07 December 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

I'd be careful in trusting that site. They tend to write vague or even untrue statements, and their code examples can be very poorly written. For instance, on the very page you linked to they claim that "CSS3 is the latest standard for CSS.". This is untrue:

First, CSS3 is not a single specification as such, but rather a collection of smaller "modules" under the umbrella term "CSS3". It will never be a "standard" in the same way CSS2 was.

Second, only very few of the most basic CSS3 modules are actual standards now. Most of the CSS3 modules are still in the development stages, and as such are NOT standards.

But still, w3schools isn't all bad. They are fine as far as online tutorials go, if you just keep in mind that the info is never 100% reliable.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1