2 Replies - 1096 Views - Last Post: 04 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Making Google Maps Script Available Offline

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

In short:

• Work sucks
  • So we play minecraft over a LAN (no internet access)
  • ...because we are so busy
  • I use a mapping utility to create maps of the minecraft world using the Google Maps API
  • The API requres internet access to work

The problem is this:
		<script type="text/javascript"
			src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?v=3.5&sensor=false">
		</script>

There's a lot of it all over a bunch of different Google servers, so is there somewhere where one could download the latest version as a whole to make it available offline?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Making Google Maps Script Available Offline

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making Google Maps Script Available Offline

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Hello there,

To answer your question, why can you not just download the library you linked and reference it locally? I am unsure what you are asking, you linked exactly what you are after, did you not?

As a side note, although it is not my place to say so, I would not suggest playing Minecraft at work. You are being paid to aid a company to the best of your ability. If it is that there is not enough work to fill the time you are being paid to work, I suggest bringing it up with your manager(s).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making Google Maps Script Available Offline

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostKruithne, on 04 December 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hello there,

To answer your question, why can you not just download the library you linked and reference it locally? I am unsure what you are asking, you linked exactly what you are after, did you not?

Because it's in dozens of different pieces on multiple subdomains (from the script I linked):

and downloading them locally doesn't work. I was wondering if there was an offline version somewhere.

View PostKruithne, on 04 December 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

As a side note, although it is not my place to say so, I would not suggest playing Minecraft at work. You are being paid to aid a company to the best of your ability. If it is that there is not enough work to fill the time you are being paid to work, I suggest bringing it up with your manager(s).

Our work is done. The choice of how we fill our 12 hour shifts was given to us by our "manager(s)" two weeks ago because they understand we literally have nothing to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1