0 Replies - 1483 Views - Last Post: 04 December 2012 - 11:08 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to Send a Data Set to Crystal Reports

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I have an application that contains nearly 100 reports and I have been able to create most of them, often through trial and error, but I often run into problems where the data I want to display shows up multiple times on the report, or data that is not even in the data set I pass to the report shows up in the report!

I create the data set from data selected on a windows form, creating a SELECT statement, connecting to the DB, etc, and then pass the data set along with some parameters to the report. When I look at the data set before I create the report, it contains the proper information I want to put into the report.

When the report viewer opens however, I get a lot of data in the report that I didn't pass into it with the data set! Often times it is the "correct" data repeated multiple times, but other times it is data that was not even contained in the data set (but it is data that likely came from my database). I expect the problem is in the way I have setup the report using the Database Expert and Links, etc, but for the life of me I can't find anything that helps me find what I am doing wrong. I then proceed to change things through trial and error, and "most" of the time I stumble on the result I want. I have one report I am working with now that I have been fiddling with for 2 days and I can't seem to make it display the correct data.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or article that might shed some light on what is happening here? I can post more details if someone needs them, but I was hoping someone might have some insight as where I might be able to find something that addresses this type of CR related issue.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1