2 Replies - 238 Views - Last Post: 05 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I need help with growing my shoe collection

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

I am a sneaker/tennis shoe collector, and my local stores don't always receive very many of the shoes I want (if at all). I need a design that will make purchasing these shoes easier for me.

The summary of the project is:

@nikestore releases links to limited edition shoes at a specified time (usually 8am ET) on specified days. Each shoe is limited to a certain number of consumers who can purchase the shoe. The limit is one shoe per customer. Sometimes they release multiple shoes via tweet in succession. In order to guarantee that I get the shoes I want I have to be able to get to each link and add it to my cart, in my size, the fastest. Once it is in my cart I have approximately 5 minutes to purchase before it is removed, so I can do the checkout manually. I also don't mind getting up early to start the design that hopefully you'll be able to write. I believe that Google Chrome is the fastest browser for this operation, but if you have another suggestion, I'm open to anything that would help me.

The details of the project would be:

1. To automatically refresh the @nikestore Twitter page so that the newst links show up extremely quickly.
2. To automatically click the newest link(s) tweeted by @nikestore which would direct me to the specific Nike webpage for the new products...preferably each in a new tab.
3. To automatically choose my size from the drop-down list.
4. To automatically add the shoes to my cart by "clicking" the 'Add-to-cart' button.

Let me know if you think this is possible. The process has changed to this new twitter system recently, and it has made it very hard for me to be able to get the shoes I want as a collector.

I appreciate your time reviewing this information.

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I need help with growing my shoe collection

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I need help with growing my shoe collection

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

I wouldn’t use a browser for that, cURL seems capable of the job as well. though, wouldn’t that be some kind of cheating towards the others?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I need help with growing my shoe collection

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

There are a lot of people who use coding to help thme get their pairs. Or they have what are called 'connects' that sell them shoes before they even hit the market. I'm just trying to catch up to the others who are using technology for their advantage.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1