1 Replies - 333 Views - Last Post: 07 December 2012 - 07:42 AM Rate Topic: -----

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Window won't maximize in MVP app

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'm working with an MVP application that I have no experience with, so I realize that the solution is most likely that I just need to keep digging until I find some property that's causing the behavior, but I thought it was worth a shot, maybe to at least get an idea as to what I need to be looking for.

Each module within the app opens a window for users to interact with. For each window that is opened from the toolbar, maximizing is no problem. However, two of the modules are launched from the window of a third module (which is launched from the toolbar), and when a user tries to maximize or minimize these windows, they flash to the respective states briefly (less than half a second) and then immediately return to the default size. Both windows can be resized without a problem. If the window from which they are launched is maximized when they are launched, it is forced back to its default size, and the new windows pop up much larger, but when I try to max or min them, they return immediately to that larger default size.

The content of these two windows doesn't move when they are resized (the window will expand/contract, but the content itself is locked), so I assume that this is part of whatever is causing that behavior. I've tried changing the MaximumSize/MinimumSize attributes, but for the most part the attributes I've found are the exact same as they are on any of the other windows. Any hints as to what I need to be looking for?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Window won't maximize in MVP app

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Window won't maximize in MVP app

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Well, I'm not too surprised I didn't get any bites here. I haven't found anything that confirms this yet, but I'm convinced that the limitation is caused by the design of the windows, and not something that can easily be modified without a total redesign. When I set the Form.WindowState to Maximized in the base Presenter, the misbehaving windows still open at their default size.

Apparently, the requirement was never to maximize two offending windows anyway; the actual problem was just horribly miscommunicated from user to manager to product owner to development team. I may still revisit this if there's time left at the end of this sprint; if I figure anything out, I'll still post it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1